Yo-God: God Detector

Easter

Cypherpunk
Anyone aware of this?

http://www.yo-god.com/

How many times have we heard it said, "Oh, Lord, give me a sign!" Alas, too often the reply is vague and ambiguous: the phone rings at an opportune time, a feather falls from out of the blue, a water stain appears that resembles a religious image. We all want to know if God exists; maybe He just needs a reliable method to let us know He's here

[...]

Purchase and register a Yo-God God Detector.
Set out your God Detector anywhere in your home, church, or office.
Offer a simple request or prayer that God reveal Himself through the detector.
Check your God Detector daily or weekly for any indication of movement.

[Outreach]

Some people need a Yo-God God Detector but don't know that they do. Each month, Yo-God will send a God Detector to a selected individual, free of charge.

Place your vote here for whomever you think would most benefit from receiving a God Detector. Select your candidate and then click the Vote button. You can also include a comment you'd like to be sent to your candidate with the detector. Only vote once per visit, please.

:rolleyes: No comment!! ::angel::

Ciao_

I've heard that normally the indicators remains on left, but when I watch the page, all go right... tell me what's wrong ?

Hi Chevy,

chevy said:
I've heard that normally the indicators remains on left, but when I watch the page, all go right... tell me what's wrong ?

do you are really asking to me?

If so, I don't know a "pizza" about that crap!

bye byez ... to next week

I wish you a good 25 April "Libaration Day"

Hehè .. they should have other god indicators too. (As the christian = jew = muslim god is not the only god available)

Of the weird religious ... tools, my favorite is probably jesus action toy. :D

A Yo-god God detector can't be anymore effective than a dousing rod.

What people will buy (and buy into) these days... shyeah...

I'd like to buy a bunch of small barometers, put that face decal on them, and sell them as God Detectors.

Then I'd encourage everyone who bought them to ask God: "Will it rain today?"

It doesn't specifically say it only detects Jehovah-1, does it? Maybe it detects gods. Or perhaps, like carbon monoxide detectors, there is a sort of substance of god-ness that it detects, rather than a single, quantum mass of god...

On the web-site they specifically say that it detects God not god (or gods) ... so the God (wth capital "G") means ,like Giaguara says, the christian = jew = muslim god: Jehovah.
The pictures on the detector box are about the christian god ... so I colud say that it does not detect other religions gods (maybe they thinks the the "true" religion is christian???)

scruffy said:
It doesn't specifically say it only detects Jehovah-1, does it? Maybe it detects gods. Or perhaps, like carbon monoxide detectors, there is a sort of substance of god-ness that it detects, rather than a single, quantum mass of god...

Arden said:
That's assuming it works at all—no guarantees on this front.

yes Arden ... and I will not swear that ...
I'm basing on theyr assumptions, if those are false, then all the consequences are false at all

scruffy said:
You think God is a Clapton fan? Or is Clapton a god? Might bear investigating...

Eh, it used to be a kind of slogan : "Clapton is god". A slogan spread by (who else) rabid Clapton fans. I referred to it because I thought it had become enough of a cliche that everyone would recognize it. :rolleyes: Guess I was wrong!!

It doesn't specifically say it only detects Jehovah-1, does it?

As opposed to Jehovah-2.0 ? :D

As with any item making paranormal promises, they are deliberately as vague as possible about what it will or won't do, so as to fend off any fact-founded challenges.

I say just to be safe take one with you on the plane so if you find yourself in a predicament like the "would you survive" thread you'll be in the clear with the big guy.

Back