You are reading what I write!

Gregita

Registered
Today, right before I went to work, I decided to write two negative threads under the iTunes discussions board at Apple.com

For a long time tonight, I couldn't access the page itself.

Then, when I went back there, the threads I had written had been deleted.

Apple actually removed them. They are nowhere to be found.

Neither thread contained vulgarity. They were sarcastic and biting, but they contained nothing language wise that would be grounds for deletion.

Of course, I am still having trouble believing that something I wrote on
Apple's website would get that much reaction from them.

Of course, comparing iTunes to an old dog who is at the end of its life, and needs to have a mercy killing, could be going too far.

Also, writing a thread that says "Can't burn? Yeah, we know." also could have been going too far.

I decided a long time ago to continue fighting this until it was resolved. There are still hundreds of people who cannot burn cds.

Until they can, and I can, I will continue to fight on....as a guest user or not.

(They also demoted me to just a guest user. I don't have full user access on Apple.com anymore.)

I just wanted to write an update to all of my iTunes threads. :)

Let me begin by publicly apologizing to everyone who witnessed the negative posts about this fine product over the past couple of months.

I felt bad a lot of times for even complaining. After all, I love Apple. I love my Mac.

Over the past few weeks, I have had a couple of successful burns at 8X. Perhaps I wasn't clear enough in the past. I could burn cds at 4X, but no data cds, no MP3 cds..and nothing over 4X.

I tinkered around with the stream size. I followed console reports. I did everthing in my power to try to find the source of the problem.

Then came iTunes3. I don't think I have burnt a cd with it yet, but I love the program already.

I think, and I could be wrong here, that is no longer a carbon-based version of an OS 9 version, but a full-fledged native application.

Like I said, I could be wrong. I am sure I will be corrected if I am. :)

I would also like to say, in Apple's defense, they were completely right in removing my threads from Apple.com. I read the TOS agreement on there, and it says they will remove anyone's thread if it is abusive.

I thought I would have done the same thing had someone posted such a response on my site.

In closing, I would like to thank all of you that offered suggestions, listened, and even kept my threads around.

I want to thank one moderator in particular.

I knew you were making the right decision when we talked about these threads.

I trust your judgement 100 percent.

Anyway, I am still a Mac user. I still love Apple. I love iTunes again.

I think the whole thing is settled.

I promised all of you when this thing was over, I would end the negative rants and post something positive again.

This is one way of keeping that promise.

Thank you all again,

Greg.

Back