100 Terrabytes of RAM
950 Terrabytes of storage
52X CDRW/R and DVD/RW/R read at 52X
iSightt built in to all 3 of my 50" flat screen monitors
1 Terrabyte iPod
Dual 2 Terrahertz 40" PowerBook
Both running on Airport Wirless Network with 500 feet range
Running Mac OS XI codenamed "Doggy"!!!
I want an Apple rep to come uptate all my hardware and software every 6 months.

My dream computer would interface with my brain and receive my thoughts as input. Imagine how fast you would be able to think a paper! :D

I imagine there would be some downsides to this though... Hackers could probably kill you. :p

Originally posted by Ricky
I imagine there would be some downsides to this though... Hackers could probably kill you. :p

Look on the bright side Ricky, at least you'd be on the Mac platform...:cool:

Pitty those who chose the Windows version...might crash their brain!

MaC hAcKeR,

All that ficticious power is meaningless, it's a fantasy. And more importantly, even if it did exist, all that computer power is WORTHLESS unless you know how to utilize it and put it to good work for good reason. All that computer power isn't going to make you a better person, only you can do that. I'm not sure if this applies to you, probably not, but so many people think their lives will improve and get better if they only owned THIS or THAT. Owning something doesn't make a person any better, personal growth and development does. Don't get me wrong, dreaming is nice, just dream with your feet on the ground, focus on the here and now. I am NEVER limited by the equipment I use.

Good lord, a 50" screen? You'd need to sit back 25' just to see the whole thing. :p

Hmm, yeah, a mind-interface would be cool.

Ricky, you should read a book called This Alien Shore, by C.S. Friedman. It has exactly what you're thinking about, I think (including some hacking. Heh). Pretty good story, IMO.

Dual G5/2GHz
8GB RAM
500GB HD
ATI RADEON 9800 PRO
Dual Apple Cinema 20" Displays
Apple *soon!? to be released* PRO Mouse
Apple *soon!? to be released* PRO Keyboard
Bluetooth
Airport Extreme
Mac OS X 10.3 (aka Panther)
iSight
iPod 30 GB
FireWire External 52x CD-RW
FireWire2 External 500GB HD

Originally posted by chemistry_geek
MaC hAcKeR,

All that ficticious power is meaningless, it's a fantasy. And more importantly, even if it did exist, all that computer power is WORTHLESS unless you know how to utilize it and put it to good work for good reason. All that computer power isn't going to make you a better person, only you can do that. I'm not sure if this applies to you, probably not, but so many people think their lives will improve and get better if they only owned THIS or THAT. Owning something doesn't make a person any better, personal growth and development does. Don't get me wrong, dreaming is nice, just dream with your feet on the ground, focus on the here and now. I am NEVER limited by the equipment I use.
Dude, I know that, I just like power... :p

I would like a Performa 550 with 4 megs of RAM and CD ROM drive and a 68030 processor, that would be awesome!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Originally posted by Perseus
I would like a Performa 550 with 4 megs of RAM and CD ROM drive and a 68030 processor, that would be awesome!!!!!!!!!!! ;)
I just happen to have one of thosse!:confused:

I want a mac that is connected to my mind, is a lot faster and more reliable than my brain, uses sun for enegy (no electricity), allows me to type and save my thoughts and dreams and save them also in quicktime ... and wieghts nothing and allows me to browse, email etc with my mind, connect my mind to tv etc to show the others what i see, think etc ... and going to a dvd store i could browse (and copy) the dvd only using my brain ... that would customly not use any interface at all and that would have applescripts to make me control it with my mind ... and that has a global (everywhere on the earth working) surfing, calling etc capacity and in-my-body inserted chip that works as kind of airport card and that makes me connect to my home mac where ever i am on hte earth ... typing with my mind and with a wireless keyboard, scanning with my eyes with endless zoom, skecthes saving the visualisations of the mind as jpg or bmp or tiff and working them on photoshop using plain mind after .... and i'll be able to be unreachable with an 'invisible' command to every computer and router anywhere in the universe. :p

I want one of the computers that controls cruise missiles, so I can land one in chemistry_geek's backyard.

Ha ha, just kidding, I still love you CG, you're 100% right, as often.

I want a computer like that commercial a few years back, where the guy is talking into a microphone with the eyepiece, and the pigeons are flying all around him... except it would be able to detect my hand motions, so I could control it by manipulating, basically, nothing.

I've thought about the computers like what MH described before, and in retrospect, they won't do much unless you can really take advantage of them. Imagine a Lightwave that can render a 3D feature film (sans sound, of course) in realtime, with photographic quality. It would take state-of-the-art hardware, but it would be state-of-the-art software. Hardware and software each work to push the other's envelopes to the edge, so to really innovate, you have to come up with something completely new, like a portable computer. Or a handheld. Or wireless input. Or wireless networking. Or holography. Or a neural interface. The possibilities are endless, as long as there are people crazy and stupid enough to stumble upon the next "big thing." Simply improving the current lot of computography (take that, Merriam!), like a "brand new" G5 processor, is exciting in the short run, but it really does nothing for the future of computing.

Wow, that's a lot more than I expected to write! Hopefully the rest of you can come up with some more insight like that.

Back