Your favorite free games.

I installed most free OpenSource games (FreeCiv, XMahjongg, Gnibbles etc.) through Fink. Works like a charm!

The Wumpus.. ;)

Also, BZFlag....if I can get my friends to actually want to play it....gets boring shooting at yourself. ::ha::

Does anyone know Rick Dangerous? Was playing it when I was younger. Got it in here now. Compiled and now I can play it with original sound. LOVE IT! ;)

One more into the fray:

Wolfenstein 3D on my Quadra 650. :D Just installed it recently and spent some time playing. Not bad for a machine most people consider "obsolete." :D

Yes, I realized that this was for only "free" games, but I couldn't resist. That and I'm still lacking a good 4 hours of sleep from yesterday. ::sleepy::

Richman67 said:
I've tried downloading FreeCiv, but all the links on their page for the OSX versions are broken...any ideas?

Try installing via fink. Either the binaries:
sudo apt-get install freeciv
or from source:
fink install freeciv
And it worked fine for me :) (just make sure if you're playing multiplayer that you're all using the same version).

Plus check out the last 21 days programming competition from idevgames.com

about a dozen free vector art arcade games. most of them are practically full shareware scale releases

madscientist said:
Plus check out the last 21 days programming competition from idevgames.com

about a dozen free vector art arcade games. most of them are practically full shareware scale releases

I tried a few of these and they were real fun (idevgames always delivers), is especially liked VektorSchlacht, it reminded my of spectre (those were the days, i think i got it free with my first mac)- and the flying in it was a really good laugh, i hope they guy adds more levels.

Back