Your Favourite Song of All Time

Mat

iSmell
That's pretty much the gist. I was inspired by the ever popular "What song are you playing now?" thread. I'm particularly interested in Arkayn's response, as he(?) seems to have a great musical taste IMO. This isn't what you think is the best song of all time, just your favourite of all time.

Mine is 50/50/50 between (I know that should be 33/33/33)

Imagine - John Lennon,

Exerciser - Rhubarb

AND

Under the Bridge - Red Hot Chili Peppers

Yes I am a guy!!

This is my favourite song

Walkin' At Night / Walk On / Get Organ-ized / Walk On (Some More) - 12:24 - Boston - Walk On - 100 - 87

For me, there is no event to go with the song. It just moves me. Bela is the master of the banjo, and the solo is just killer (playing 3 seperate parts at same time). Victor Wooten playing a fretless bass just sounds so pure and clean. Plus, seeing it live was simply phenominal.

That's a good idea Zammy. Although none of mine are to do with events, but I'll give you why.

Imagine - John Lennon - Just listen to it, Lennon put such emotion into it. It's just a top song.

Exerciser - Rhubarb - It pretty much describes me. I can really relate to it.

AND

Under the Bridge - Red Hot Chili Peppers - Really just a top song all round. Say what you may about the Chili Peppers, surely it's one of the best songs of the 90s.

Mat said:
Under the Bridge - Red Hot Chili Peppers - Really just a top song all round. Say what you may about the Chili Peppers, surely it's one of the best songs of the 90s.

Yep. I agree. The Chili Peppers are a great band (much better with Frusciante than Navarro). Their latest album is also tops. Lots of great songs like the Zephyr song.

oh well. i have probably 100 favourite songs, but as i just saw a live performance by David Bowie on the telly some minutes ago, i'll go with his "heroes" as my favourite. at least this very seconds' favourite.. ;)

ask me in an hour and we're back to scratch :)

alex.

Fave song? Easy!

"The Drapery Falls" by Opeth, a Swedish Progressive Metal band.

Dunno if I'd call it a song, 'cos it's largely instrumental – I don't like bands that sing songs, I like bands that play music – but it is definitely the greatest musical event EVER!

Back