What is your home/start page?

• MacOSX.com

• MSN.com

• Yahoo.com

• Apple.com

• Slashdot.org

• Other (Please specify)

Results are only viewable after voting.
I have an HTML file that has all of my bookmarks. This is my home page. The reason I do this is so that I don't have to import bookmarks into any web browser, and I have only one file to keep current. Almost wevery web browser has an easy "Go Home" button or command, so I use that instead of drop down bookmark menus.

My home page is just that: my personal web page. Hey, it's hosted from my own computer, so it's almost like a blank home page. No time to load at all, and I can go to my links page if I want - it's like a bookmarks file.

-the valrus

I just have it load nothing. Much faster. I don't use bookmarks, ether, unless it's a long URL I need to remember for something.

blank

I don't see any need to jump to a page everytime I open a new browser, plus it's quicker than hitting stop. ;)

I used to have www.excite.com, but I usually use Google, which has a built-in homepage of omniweb:/StartPage/. I either don't see it because I'm opening up something from SlashDock, or I want to search for something, and OmniWeb's built-in homepage has links to a bunch of different search engines.

my startpage at home is blank (on 56k, it would be annoying to have stuff load while I want to do other things).

At work my.yahoo.com is my startpage for news.

Back in undergrad it used to be search.com, then I changed it to Apple, and now for the last year or so I've had it on google

Back