Your iPod Name

twister

Howdy
I'm happy to say i'm a proud parent of a brand spankin new 10 gig iPod. I named him MacMan Jr. (after my main comptuer). And this thing rocks. Even the iPod packaging was damn cool! And with trade in I got it for less than $200!

So what's your iPods name? And do you have a case? If so what kind. I think i need a case for it now. It's so naked and fingerprinty.

Twister

If I had an iPod I would name it Mizuko (Water chiled in Japanese.) My computer's name is Daedalus. I name my computer because it's on a network all the time and it's faster to say "Transfer your files over to Daedalus," then to say "Put your movie onto that Strawberry iMac over there. ::point::"

:p Makes me sound smarter when I have a name to give it too. ;) :) :D

Sorry Voice. I just have so much iPod joy! :D

Another Q:
Anyone use their iPod in their car? I don't have a tape player and i've heard of gadgets that can work through the radio without a tape tape player. Anyone tried them?

Twister

My G4 is named Lucy ( after the all-in-one mac in the feature film hackers )
The pod is named....iPod
My car is named Susan
My shoes are named Tia & Timera
My coffee table is called Bertha....ok i think i've gone overboard. :rolleyes:

Yep, it sounds like it :)

LOL alexachucarro, my friend and I were reading the posts together, and after a period of long silence where I'm scrolling and we're both reading, he sees your post and just says "Bitch." "Bitch2." "MiniBitch." LOL it was really funny at the time...

Originally posted by twister

Another Q:
Anyone use their iPod in their car? I don't have a tape player and i've heard of gadgets that can work through the radio without a tape tape player. Anyone tried them?

Twister

I use mine in my car. I have a poineer deck thats about 3 years old now, it has AUXILARY inputs, standard RCA type, bought a 20 dollar adapter at my local stereo shop that converts the headphone plug type to RCA's and hooked it up. Sounds good and looks pretty nice. Maybe ill take a pic and upload it later.

This product works just fine with the iPod. However, is a densely populated country like The Netherlands, there are so many occupied FM frequencies, that you keep on searching for the available ones. I am planning to take it to Tanzania, Africa and expect to have a lot of fun with it there!

I guess I'm much less original, but at least I'm practical. I include my phone number in the name of my iPod and my laptop in case it's stolen and someone's nice enough to call me about it.

-Rob

Originally posted by twister

Another Q:

Twister

well i said id get a picture of mine in my car, so here it is. my cd player has auxilary inputs, so i bought a pioneer RCA adapter that adapts their propietary auxilary input to standard RCA. it sounds great!. the quality of the pic isnt great, but oh welll....

Aug02_05.jpg

sorry to bring back an old thread, but i had to show it off :D

My iPods name is XGiggy2.
The name stems obviously from the fact that it is a 10g iPod, the 2 represents the fact that XGiggy1 died and Apple sent me his new born baby brother. He's doing well.

I knew this girl online for 6 years who had the handle Tifa, with different things added onto it over time, anyway..I knew her online for 6 years and I planned to meet her at this anime convention... so I saved up 300 for the convention and she found out she couldn't come, so I spent it on an iPod. I named the iPod after her.

Back