Your radiation shield has failed.

Originally posted by MDLarson
This thread reminds me of an old little application called "Radiation & Trigger". It used Program Linking and allowed a person on a LAN to send any message they wanted with the end result popping up in the form of a dialog box (with one OK button). The default message was this:

"The radiation shield on your Macintosh has failed. Please step back 5 feet."

We actually use this program at work as a quick little chat system! :D

Like I told you, remote AppleScript! :)

That reminds me of a Flash movie I made once for April Fools.

Upon launch it hides the cursor and covers the entire screen. The movie looks just like the os9 desktop.

I moved the mouse around and I think I had it look as if the contents of the hard drive were trashed.

After passing it to a close friend of mine he requested another version of the Flash movie.

It was the same thing, it looked like the os9 desktop but all it was displaying a dialog displaying the progress of transfering files from one drive to another. My friend used this movie make it appear that he was actually just waiting for his computer to copy some files over from their primary server. The movie lasted 10 - 15 minutes, so he could launch it whenever he needed an extra 10 minute break. It even made a beep noise (just like os9) when you clicked outside of the dialog, which you could also minimize and drag.

Alas, this would not work in osx, becuase everybody knows it multi-tasks better then os9 did. :(

Back