Your radiation shield has failed.

Ricky

Registered
Here's a little prank for April Fool's. This would go great in a startup items folder. Plug this into your Script Editor...

Code:
tell application "Finder"
	display dialog "The radiation shield in your monitor has failed." & return & ¬
		"Please get into the DUCK AND COVER position immediately." buttons {"OK"} default button 1
end tell
Save it as an AppleScript Application.

The result:
radiationshieldfailure.jpg

Psyche someone out! :D If anyone is proficiant in AppleScript, add on to it, and share it, by all means ;) Just make sure to mention what it does so that an innocent newbie doesn't plug it in and mess up his computer permanently...

i'm sure if i slipped that one into my GF's computer, i wouldn't be allowed to use it again. of course, she would still let me fix it, but..:D

Enable program linking on the target computer. Make it a remote script.

Now that would really psyche someone out :)

How about this one?

Code:
	display dialog "Apple Fault Prediction Alert." & return & ¬
		"The Fault Prediction System has detected iron filings on the main logic board.  Please remove them immediately." buttons {"OK"} default button 1
end tell

Code:
	display dialog "Apple Fault Prediction Alert." & return & ¬
		"A Cosmic Ray with an energy of 1.02 MeV has damaged a portion of the ROM of this computer.  The letters 'a', 'e', 'd', 'p', 'r', 's', 't', and 'u' can no longer be saved in documents to the hard drive." buttons {"OK"} default button 1
end tell

lol, the first one is just awsome! I can't wait to do this to my friend and get his reaction! ROFL!!!

;) Good luck, Trip. lol

Now if there was only a way to do this under Windows.. that would really mess people up :D

Originally posted by ricky
;) Good luck, Trip. lol

Now if there was only a way to do this under Windows.. that would really mess people up :D
go into dreamweaver, create a page, make it look identical to the person's desktop page, make a hidden field, turn on active desktop and make that page the background, move the mouse over the area, a button will pop up,

you laugh, he/she cries, you replace the active desktop page so they would never have known.

there's some details i left out, but you get the gist of it

Wow, that's great, Bling. I could have some fun with my labmates *evil cackle*. However, would there be a way of accomplishing such a thing w/o Dreamweaver (I have no access to that).

Applescript Studio is included with the December 2001 (or later) Mac OS X Developer Kit.
If you didn’t find the Installer in /Applications/Installers on your iMac or had it in other ways included with your computer you could download it.
You have to register as a free ADC (Apple Developer Connection) member and download it (size is about 200-300 MB i think) - connect.apple.com

under windows you can use vbscript to do the same thing and put it in the startup folder.

I did a similar thing once to someone using VBA in Excel. They had been working all day on a spreadsheet that I knew they had been saving to their local drive. Whilst they popped away from their desk I added a small bit of code to the workbook.save event:

msgbox "Your Hard Drive has critically failed. Workbook cannot be saved.", vbcritical

You should have seen their face - anyway it taught them a lesson (always save to the network).

lol (at my own joke - slightly sad).

R.

This thread reminds me of an old little application called "Radiation & Trigger". It used Program Linking and allowed a person on a LAN to send any message they wanted with the end result popping up in the form of a dialog box (with one OK button). The default message was this:

"The radiation shield on your Macintosh has failed. Please step back 5 feet."

We actually use this program at work as a quick little chat system! :D

Back