10.1.2 Released

The install went just fine... seems faster, but then... I am not using it 100% of the time so I sometimes forget. :)

Admin

My install is at the last few pixels of optimization.

IF OS X 10.1.2 DOES NOT HAVE SSL SUPPORT IN MAIL, I WILL PERSONALLY LAUNCH A NUKE AT APPLE'S HEADQUARTERS. Just thought you all might like to know. ;)

UPDATE: Oh, just so you guys all know, I'll be nuking Apple's headquarters tomorrow, unless someone can stop me by showing how to activate SSL support in Mail.

The 10.1.2 update is not yet available thru Apple's support subsite. Anyone know where I can get a direct download? I suppose it'll be there very soon tho, so maybe I'll just wait. I like to get direct downloads so I can take them in to work where I don't have a cable modem and update.

Or is there a way in Software Update to save the download?

Downloaded, installed, optimized in 25 minutes with nary a hitch!
When I updated my iMac it showed a MacOS X Update Combined at 35.2mb and 30 on the cube.
Before I ran the update, I restarted and did an fsck -y and fixed a few problems.
Sure beats a Windows Update with confusing html pages. !!

Dock Paranoia seems to be gone, at least here. (well, you cannot put icons beneath the dock)

Classic wanted to be updated. And that worked too. The iMac finished in almost the same time, 26 minutes.
Now for the CDRW and printer test!
Printer still works, after the first warning error comes up, I click retry and it works, like before. Always happens after sleep or Classic loads.

Go Apple !

hmmmm...seems snappier. classic launches faster now.

what else is new or changed? post your observations to this thread.

edit: i've noticed there's now more options in the contextual menus for the finder, mail and stickies.

I am just really tired of having to launch Outlook Express to get my university mail. REALLY, REALLY tired. Not only because it's a Microsoft product, but also because it's a Classic application (NO, I will not pay for Entourage). Damnit, when is Mail.app SSL support gonna come?

ok. does anybody see anything different?

I do, however, think that I'm booting up faster now. Am I the only one to think so?

My boot up time still blows but I think thats cause I am booting from a PCI ATA card. When i boot my theme testing volume which is on the stock Apple bus it boots REALLY fast.BUT the drive is only 5400rpm whereas my normal boot drive is a 7200rpm. Guess I could swap the two. eh. maybe.
Im running OSX Server and the install finished and all but about this Mac still says Mac OS X Server 10.1.1 Build 5N13. blah.

Can you guys check on your Script Editor application in the
/Applications/AppleScript folder? My application still says in the "Get Info" dialog that it is at version 1.7. OS X 10.1.2 was supposed to update AppleScript to version 1.8. Anybody else notice this?

Mine still says 1.7 too. It says it updates to Applescript 1.8 but doesn't say it updates the editor to 1.8. Maybe it just change the Applescript runtime?

I also noticed that Apple seems to have changed the way they are drawing windows when they are resized. It doesn't appear that the windows are being redrawn as many times when the windoew is resized, and is therefore faster. Still not as good as it should be IMHO but it's much better.

My boot time seems about the same and is faster than my 1.4GHz Athlon running win2k.

My iBook 600, 256MB, 20GB (2MB buffer) just got updated to OS X 10.1.2. I found that there are some improvement as well.

1. Window-resizing speed is faster, but still naggy if compare with P!!! 600 running Windows XP. Resizeing in Entourage / IE are still terriable. :(

2. Classic "launch time" is faster, "start up time" is still slow anyway.

3. Icons still away from the edge a mile if I set my dock to right... I hope it could be fixed some day...

4. OS X start up time is much faster! Blah!

5. Applications' launch time is faster! Yeah!

Up to now... It is better than 10.1.1.

Good, gerbick. Never noticed that. I guess Apple DID just update the AppleScript runtime. Although what annoys me is that the Script Editor doesn't record anymore in OS X (never has in OS X, but did perfectly in OS 9). Does it record for anyone else?

Back