10.3 - fink and X11 troubles

fbp_

captain obvious
fink keeps trying to install X11 itself when it encounters dependencies rather than just use 10.3's apple version

I had apple X11 in 10.2 and fink had a placeholder package available, but I cant seem to find one anymore. any suggestions?

Im using the latest versions of everything

When I installed Fink and FinkCommander under Panther it automatically installed the package "system-xfree86", which is the placeholder package for the manually installed X11. Try to install that package and see how Fink reacts to that.

Cat said:
When I installed Fink and FinkCommander under Panther it automatically installed the package "system-xfree86", which is the placeholder package for the manually installed X11. Try to install that package and see how Fink reacts to that.

hmmm. I seem to have that installed, but fink still keeps trying (and failing) to install x11 when there are dependencies...

I think Im going to trash /sw and try it again

You need to install the X11 SDK from apple, otherwise the relevant header and library files are not there. The SDK is on your Xcode DevTools CD which comes with Panther.

Back