6C9X build tested here.

It actually has USB Printer Sharing and Internet Sharing as well.

For more details: On the first builds I tested, I had some PCs and I tested if it could share USB Printers with PCs or if it could be set as client with a served USB printer from a PC but it didn't work. I unfortunately couldn't test it on newer builds but it's maybe fixed.

I have a HP 1315 printer and the HP installation disables USB Prnit Sharing. I hope that it will not disable the 10.2 version.

A warning about HP printers: Most of them don't have correct drivers for Mac. Like the Photosmart 100.

I'm getting more and more pumped about Jaguar. :D I hope Ink can recognize my handwriting, it's a mess. ;)

I didn't really check but I guess most of the HP drivers must be included so you don't have to install anything and it should work with USB Sharing.

Anyway in Jaguar, almost anything that you found bizarre or buggy on 10.1.5 is fixed. All of you will probably be happy with this upgrade. Apple has really done a nice job. We know OS X was a new but promissing OS, now, I'm sure of it, and you'll see it by yourself soon.

Haaa! Amazing traffic yesterday! more than 8000 unique visitors came to see my article yesterday! And you are more than 20 000 at all to have bookmarked the site!

Even my friends of macosrumors have talked about me ;). One month ago when I launched the site, my goal was to reach 1000 visits/day by september 2002 ;).

Big thanks to all of you who visited the site or helped me by linking to it.

it really is a great site. informative and simple, just like it should be!

to xoot: you don't have 6c9x, you only have 56k

to all: how does USB print sharing work?

Originally posted by xaqintosh
how does USB print sharing work?

I think it means that if the computer with the USB printer is on and Printer shareing is on, you can access it through a network

i hav found it very usefull in classrooms that have 2 comps and one printer

Please avoid sending me paid web hosting solutions. Since this site is new and has $0 revenues, and since I'm already spending a lot of money on other site developments that still have $0 rvenues too. If I want another paid service for huge traffic I can find it by myself in 1 minute.

If you can provide me temporar or long term free web hosting as donation, then you're welcome.

Modérator, please warn those who abuse of this thread for commercial use.

Is Photoshop 7 running yet under the 6C9x builds? It wouldn't run under 6C85 & 87... It would start up, splash screen etc., but when it was finished it would just suddenly quit.

I didn't have Photoshop at the moment I tested 6C9X but I think one of my sources has runned it succesfully, he also runned Dreamweaver without any problem and it was really much more responsive than it is on 10.1.5.

I tested under 6C85 & 87...

Photoshop 7
Imageready 7
Freehand 10
Lightwave 7.5
Flash MX
Dreamweaver MX
iTunes
iMovie
iPhoto
iDVD

The only two applications that wouldn't launch were iMovie (strange considering it's an Apple app), and Photoshop 7, which is strange also since Imageready 7 ran just fine....

I'm sure all will work by the time 10.2 is released....

Hi to all !

macosxrumors, i've got a suggestion: if your site is often overloaded with visitors, let's make a mirror site ! i can make an English or French mirror if you want. Let me know...

It's a clown of my site on another server.

Toast, have you got high bandwidth ? You have to know that macosXrumors disturbed my providers servers yesterday and if you want to mirror it you have to have huge bandwidth, much memory, much processing power to allow on a web hosting. I sometimes exceeded 15 000 hits/hour yesterday. Can your hardware handle that with ease?

Anyway, many of you suggested me mirroring and even hosting for the site. I'm currently studying all of that and a long term solution should be found soon.

And if one of you still have something to suggest, don't hesitate to drop me a mail here.

Back