8X DVD-R on G5 Superdrive

T-Rice3124

Registered
Is anyone out there having any trouble with 8X DVD-R's on your G5 superdrive? When I used 4x media they burned fine without incident, but now that I use 8x no matter the brand I can't get them to work on a consitent basis. Apple says they only support Apple branded discs. This seems like a cop opt to cover for a problem that they don't know how to fix. When I bought my G5 I don't remember ever reading or signing anything that said they're Superdrive was 16x but only with apple media. It simply said that it was 16x. There are a lot of forums on the Internet reagrding superdrives in the powerbooks and this same problem. Has anyone dealt with Apple with this issue? Thanks.

what is going on here most 8x or higher DVDs need you drives fermware updated to brun at the high of speed as apple is right with there disk you can get that 16x but not with anyother disk because the drive thats in the mac can't have its frimware updated because apple don't want to do that. Most DVD that can do 8x or higher so a new type of stuff for the disk. just so much that most drives that where not bilted 3 mouth before the new disk came need a frimware upadate to work with them right.

Back