A clean start is possible, but it's up to us!

themacko

Barking at the moon.
After the mayhem which occured earlier today, Admin has been a real man about the whole thing and admitted his actions were extreme and unlike-him.

I know he's a good guy, I don't have problems with him. What he had problems with were the sudden changes that he placed onto the board.

Well now he's taken it back, given everyone a clean slate and taken down the forum rules and censorships. What we have to do now is find it in ourselves to forgive him for his mistakes, admit that we too may have taken things too far and try to keep this community of friendships together.

Many of you have signed up at other forums, that is fine. However, you owe it eachother to give our community another chance. I hope you will decide what is best, but if you wish to stay in your 'new' homes I understand.

Thanks, and I hope this is a welcome back for many of you!

-Scott

I for one, am definitely coming back. If you do it every day for 6 months, it's hard to stop coming here!

I will forgive Admin for his actions... I hope today's fiasco turns out to make the forum a better place.

And while you're at it, you might want to check out www.macfora.com and forums.macosxhints.com. Both of those sites are extrememy nice and welcoming, just like this site was to us when all of us started here.

Let's put aside our differences and turn this into a positive experience.

Thanks everyone,
Casey Kelley
a.k.a. BlingBling 3k12

Edit: If you notice, I've removed from my signature, avatar, and location, all of my "protest" information, with the hopes of a bright future here at MacOSX.com

Let me echo that 100%!!!!!

Because we have so much community here, this place will bounce right back and remain special to me.

Lets all try and make this a great place that it once was, and that it can become!

Originally posted by wdw_
Hey! Wait a second. If the censoring is gone, then why is my sig still censored?

I would imagine that there's still some censoring of "bad words". I don't know what's in your sig that's starred out. . . . I'm fine with THAT kind of censorship.

edit: I looked at your sig, and I see what word has been censored. That's just fine with me! ;)

wdw_ :

all censoring has been taken off. what has happened, though, is that the forum software cannot undo what it has already censored. ie, it changed the word piss or shit to ****, but it does not remember what the word originally was.

and let's all keep in mind that the admin removed all the censoring in good faith. it does not mean that you start dropping f-bombs all over the place.

I'm giving the place a week. I think Admin's idea of a week off is a good one. We'll see how it goes when I get back.

forgiveness from a far
For all of you, the slate has been cleaned free, I forgive you all.

What? I'm forgiven for what? I had three posts deleted (starting Friday) that said or did nothing offensive. I take my complains to the moderators like we were supposed to for three days. I watch him escalate a situation that never needed to occur.

I would point out that this all started with him deleting a constructive thread on Press3. Was followed by him deleting Jadey's request for information on where the thread had gone. And then he deleted a third thread asking why the subject of Press3 was being censored.

So now I am forgiven for that? Is this for real! He never said (that I could tell) that he was sorry for starting this to begin with. Without an actual apology, I see no changes. For three days people have been pointing out the flaws in his actions, and it wasn't until we had a mass of members leaving that he became a real man about the whole thing.

Tell you what, when Jadey e-mails me telling me that she has received a complete and heart felt apology from Admin for his actions and she has been able to repost her thoughts on Press3 like she had last Friday, then, and only then will I rejoin any group that has him as a leader or member.

This was a one day ordeal for most of you, so return if you want. This was something very important to me, and I do see us actually any closer to a resolution.

See you guys on the outside.

Originally posted by RacerX

What? I'm forgiven for what? I had three posts deleted (starting Friday) that said or did nothing offensive. I take my complains to the moderators like we were supposed to for three days. I watch him escalate a situation that never needed to occur.

I would point out that this all started with him deleting a constructive thread on Press3. Was followed by him deleting Jadey's request for information on where the thread had gone. And then he deleted a third thread asking why the subject of Press3 was being censored.

So now I am forgiven for that? Is this for real! He never said (that I could tell) that he was sorry for starting this to begin with. Without an actual apology, I see no changes. For three days people have been pointing out the flaws in his actions, and it wasn't until we had a mass of members leaving that he became a real man about the whole thing.

Tell you what, when Jadey e-mails me telling me that she has received a complete and heart felt apology from Admin for his actions and she has been able to repost her thoughts on Press3 like she had last Friday, then, and only then will I rejoin any group that has him as a leader or member.

This was a one day ordeal for most of you, so return if you want. This was something very important to me, and I do see us actually any closer to a resolution.

Sorry that I quoted all of the article but I want to 100% second that. I must say that it was a very hard stepp to totally leave this board. But what has happened was a bit too much for me. I would really like to return BUT as I see this sentence that Admin forgives us....... that makes me just angry. :eek: :mad: Its all our fault? What was our fault? I think we have to clear questions like this first. Then we can talk about returns and stuff like this.

Im looking forward to a better solution!

And one more thing...

I think its time to call out some names. This stuff like "You know who you are" isnt too good for solving our problems. We have to think and speak clear for getting things fixed! :eek: (I think that they mean me too. I was banned one time bu was allowed to return. I still dont know why :confused: )

Im sure there may be some people thinkin "Pah... y'all go away. We dont need you. We have many users on this board.

But thats the wrong way. Lets all get together at a huge table and lets discuss this please. I would really appriciate that! :eek:

As a sign of protest I changed my Avatar to the gone Avatar. Im not really gone. I will continue to look at Herve's in hope to see an other solution or a discussing table or whatever. This topic needs to be discussed for keeping this board "clear"!

I for one think admin handled this very well. He didn't name names to avoide a debate over who was at fault. Finger pointing, if you will. If you don't feel you need to be forgiven, then fine, don't be :p

ooh! kernel finished compiling, brb! :p

have been hot-headed with my posts in the last few days, but have vowed not to dive in anymore. I am officially keeping myself out of warez posts for a start:D ;)

I just hope others will realise that they too can go down the wrong path where antagonistic threads are concerned!

Here's to a new start.

As for Admins actions, I think he did what he had to, the size of the task with this forum is daunting for anybody.

Originally posted by Alexandert
As a sign of protest I changed my Avatar to the gone Avatar. Im not really gone.
SO in other words, your avatar is completely pointless, as is your post... :rolleyes:

Look, this is "just" a discussion forum. Don't get so wound up about it!

Originally posted by RacerX

i second that.

People left? Anywho, I'd stay here_till the site was dead. I love this site, can't imagine anywhere else I'd rather be.
Now, I have a little favor to ask of our Admin.

When I was new here there was a game-forum, it was taken down shortly after due to inactivity, could we have that back? It bugs me to sign up for MacNN, Macfora and InsideMacGames to use one section only when I really wanted it all here...I, for one, think the community is ready for it. I know it's a bit off-topic, but I figure I might as well answer here.

Back