A job well done at Apple Care

ZeroAltitude

Registered
Hi,

My TiBook was broken: the base side of the clever latching mechanism had chipped off, causing my PowerBook to open randomly, and never stay close, effectively defeating my use of the cool close-to-sleep feature.

On Saturday, February 23, I called Apple Care and alerted them to the problem. On Tuedsay, February 26, I had the box to overnight my TiBook. On Wednesday I sent it. On Thursday, Airborne reported it had been delivered. On Friday, it entered the Apple Care tracking system, and was repaired that same day. On Saturday, today, they sent it back to me. It should arrive Monday or Tuesday.

Now, so long as it doesn't come back broken or scratched, that's a damn fine job! Let's encourage Apple to treat everyone *this* way.

Lets hope they give me the same service, I'm going to take mine into the local Apple place to fix my CD drive, harddrive and power light :-/

Bad times.

OK - Last year I bought the first gen TiBook 500. I placed my order on Feb. 1, and received my book exactly one month later. It was a CTO 500mhz with a 10gb HD.

Anyway, after getting my PB, I noticed the 2nd day I had it that it was having problems ejecting CDs. On the 3rd day, it refused to eject them 50% of the time. At that time I called Apple, they ran me through the usual steps and determined the DVD drive was at fault. They sent me out an Airborne box the next day (Wed). I shipped the machine back to them on Thurs. I was a little concerened I'd be without my machine for awhile because the technician on the phone told me the DVD mechanisms were backordered. But lo and behold, on Monday, my machine was back in my hands and working great. That's 3 business days - and the part was backordered!

For a completely opposite Apple Service story, check this site out

On a positive note, after getting the attention of Macminute and other Mac news sites, Apple is sending him a new machine....

Back