A PC after Apple's Heart

pwharff

Registered
Check this out:

http://www.go-l.com

Not only is the website built to Mimic Apple's, but the machines are built to look very cool. It's still just a PC though and it comes with Windows, yuck!

mindbend said:
It's an old (very good) hoax that keeps popping up. Don't bother researching it. It's already been done.

I know people who have bought from this company - I doubt it's a hoax.

I went as far as I could go in the store without putting a credit card number in. What do you think happens after that? I want to believe it's a hoax, because this website is hysterical and I know it's been on here long before now, but I was never clear as to if it was really fake or not. Thanks

Read the front page, who would use : snooty, pompous..etc to describe their products?
I've seen other companies present plasma screens like that and usually it is geared towards corporate buyers rather than public. Yes plasma television is making its way to primetime but it is very expensive.

To date I have yet to see actual hardware in anyones hands or a review of hardware from any reputable source.

I've been watching and waiting since September. And the company advertises too many products on its site to be so elusive.

Make of it what you will.

You people are the biggest bunch of suckers I have ever seen!

Come on people. Get with the program!

That site has been debunked a million times. I even took the time once just for fun and went through the HTML code and extracted all the blatant Apple references and tags. They literally stole the raw HTML from Apple's site!

It's a hoax. A brilliant one. The testament to its success is the fact that people keep insisting it's not. I am not one of those people.

If you search macosx's files, you'll come across it as well as the debunking links, which go into great detail about why it's a fake. I dubbed best hoax of 2003 before (though as far as I know, it's been out longer, I don't know).

For the last time. IT IS NOT A REAL COMPANY WITH REAL PRODUCTS.

ApeintheShell said:
Read the front page, who would use : snooty, pompous..etc to describe their products?

some californian company that sells pcs to rich people, who else? :eek: ;)

Such an elaborate hoax that they actually set up an 800 number and staffed a customer service center to fool people. Come on, if it's a hoax. Why would someone make such an effort and spend all of their money doing it?

The number. 1-877-279-6155 Go ahead and call it. Won't cost you a cent.

It's a real company...they just got reviewed in Maximum PC...because of all the controversy..the machines work...and are really fast and really fscking ugly. They are overclocked to the max and have ram drives setup and all sorts of stuff that is going to cause so many problems with it in the longrun..that I wouldn't even want one of them :) But it did get a decent review, at least when performance and short-term stability come into play.

http://www.maximumpc.com/

You can see the picture of the machine on the front cover of the magazine they show on the site :)

Is that a new PC magazine? Their 'archives' show only the 'January 2004' issue. Was this magazine created to support the rumour that those machines actually exist? :)

On December 19, 2003 I tried to place an order (over the phone) with go-L.com. This was an effort to debunk once and for all this hoax site. Here is what followed:

I was on the phone for a full half hour. I spoke to a woman initially and then a man when I placed my "order".

I asked for some literature on their laptop line. The woman said "they had just run out".

I asked about shipping of the big monitors and they said "they shipped in large crates with foam".

They said the reason there are no reviews is because the products are so new.

Once we placed the order, they said they would charge the account around $500 at a time as they built the machine. This is a form of credit fraud AFAIK.

The credit card number was provided four times and I was told it was approved on the fourth time.

Traffic noise could be heard in the background of the sales office.

Our product was not currently available and had to be built. They said it was delayed because parts had to be ordered and because Intel keeps pushing the date back on the chip. When asked when the original chip release date was, they did not know. When asked when the chip was expected, they did not know.

No order number confirmation was provided. No estimated date of shipment was provided. (I forgot to ask on both accounts).

The only real information provided was my email.

As of one hour later I have not received any emails about any inaccuracies in my information.

---------------

Here is the leading debunking site:
http://plex.us/outbursts/liebermann.html

At this point, it is my opinion that something very fishy is going on. I still can't officially confirm it without a doubt, however. Many of the products they show do in fact exist, but they are DEFINITELY NOT g-L.com products. They are third party products somehow repurposed (at best) by go-L.

I'm sticking to my guns. Hoax of some kind, but exactly how I'm less sure.

I'm still waiting on that direct link to the product review, BTW.

Maximum PC is nothing new. It's the sister magizine to MacAddict. They're both owned and run by the same company. It's been around for a while.

maybe it's apple... and htey want to maake more money witgh thins site :p
sorry for my sucky spelling, i just do tn care anymore... heh.

Back