A way to quickly send files to iPhones?

benyorkemedia

Registered
I have a children's ESL language school and I often have parents requesting small audio files as well as images. Most of them use iPhones and I'm looking for a way to quickly send files from my iMac running OSX 10.7. With non-iPhone users the process is pretty easy, a quick bluetooth connection and its done. However for some bizarre reason iPhones don't seem to work. Wifi is another option but I've yet to get that to work without the tediosity of manually entering IP addresses which is simply not quick enough. I'd appreciate any ideas that might speed this whole process up. Thanks...

Of course its an option, but I'm not sure about the efficiency. They like to have it on their phones so the kids can play with it in the car while they are driving. The majority of them are not very skilled iPhone users as well. The best option for sound clips would be some sort of transfer that I could control on my end as to folder placement for ease of access, and they could receive it there on the spot.

What's the point of iMac having this bluetooth available from my desktop if it can't connect to another apple product? For example, I have a Nokia X7 and once paired Im free to browse and drag and drop files as I please. Isn't there something like this for iPhones? Why does a Nokia product function better with an iMac than an iPhone does?

Roger that. I've no input on the bluetooth issue - I only use it for a wireless keyboard.

Back