About homepage.mac.com

Torz

Registered
Hey, I've noticed how some people has their homepage on "homepage.mac.com". Guessing thats done through iTools but how do you upload the files? I've tried looking for places to upload on the iTools website but no luck...

So I'm guessing that it must be done through FTP. So my question is... if it is done through FTP, what would the server address be? I tried - homepage.mac.com as a server address but doesn't work... :(

Can someone help me out?

Torz

once more mac ease of use comes thru - yep, that's all you do.:) easy as can be.

grrrr, got this messege -

Sorry, the operation could not be completed because an unexpected error occured
(Error code -38).

It's not on is it

mine seems to be working fine. are you trying to put more than 20 mb onto it? you do already have your account all set up and your info entered in internet prefs, right?

Torz: You get that error message when you try to copy files/folders that have filenames longer than 32 characters. Apparently they want to keep compatibility with OS 9 or something.

The fix is to rename the file/folder so it has under 32 characters, and then you can copy it fine.

Originally posted by Torz
Hey, I think I got it. I think you just use the iDisk
If you want REALLY fast access to your iDisk, try this. I haven't actually mounted an iDisk in at least 6 months, even with 10.1.5 it's still MUCH slower than with Goliath.

Back