Adobe Creative Suite 3

I'm looking forward to all those benchmark tests comparing Photoshop CS3 on Windows/Mac OS X (on the same machines) and on quad PowerMacs/Mac Pros. :) :) :)

Yes Photoshop CS3(and every CS3 app) is awesome. A funny fact: Photoshop CS3 launches faster than Firefox! Super fast.

Firefox launches AWFULLY slow... there's no difference if you use PPC or Intel, it's just plain slow. Even slower than Photoshop Elements, and that "takes a while".
Dunno why though...

I'm looking forward to all those benchmark tests comparing Photoshop CS3 on Windows/Mac OS X (on the same machines) and on quad PowerMacs/Mac Pros. :) :) :)

What I really want to see is speed comparison between Photoshop CS2 and CS3 on a G5 Powermac. Only this will really show how much or little bloat Adobe has actually added to their most popular app... Nevermind all the G5 vs. Intel comparisons, they offer very little real information on how much faster the new version is supposed to be.

Yes, but that's simply a different wish. I find both important, but for quite a long time now, intel Macs had to fight "against" the Rosetta-effect (slow-down of emulated apps and increased memory-requirements).

Plus: All those years that Apple used Photoshop-effect-scripts to show how the PowerPC was faster than Pentiums... _Now_ is the time to show that even on the same hardware-platform, the Mac is better than Windows. ;) I've seen one initial test, where Mac OS X turned out to be better overall in Photoshop CS3, although I don't remember whether XP or Vista was used on the Windows side of things.

From tests with CS3 beta, I've heard that Photoshop CS3 was _slightly_ slower overall than CS2 on PowerPC Macs.

Adobe After Effects 7 on a Power Mac G5 with 2GB ram is slow at rendering. If you are running it on a Core Duo you can forget it but there is some increase on the Core 2 Duo in the Macbook Pro. It has a 30 day trial period. Adobe After Effects CS3 Professional on a Macbook Pro Core 2 Duo with 2GB ram is quick at rendering. Both versions struggle with multiple video in a two minute time frame(important to me at least). I also tried the Mac Mini with 2GB ram and it is faster then the Power Mac G5. Weird.
CS 3 has a 2 day trial period.

Back