Adobe license

PowerPC

Registered
Hi, everyone.

I want to buy a CS2 software package from a friend of mine who purchased it some time ago. I want to use it on a new computer instead of buying an _incredibly_ expensive CS3 suite which containes updates and new tools that I won't need for the next 2 years (!).

If he sells me the package, the license goes automatically to me? Is it ok to use the program once I paid for it and he removed it from his system and gave me the entire package?

Thanks for your time to answer.

PPC

I am pretty sure you can, they really don't check who has it as long as you have the license, though I think you can only use it on two computers.

True. Adobe says the license applies to one computer only. It can be moved to another, but must also be removed from the prior computer:
http://www.adobe.com/products/eula/tools/upgrade_policy.html

"...the earlier version copy or any copies thereof are not transferred to any other party unless you also transfer this upgrade copy and any copies thereof to such other party in accordance with Section 3; and (v) you acknowledge and agree that any obligation Macromedia may have to support and/or offer support for the earlier version of the Software may be ended upon availability of the upgrade."

The license can be transferred to someone else as long as no copies remain on your computer/s. The receiver of the software should update the registration with their contact info in case of future upgrades or issues.

Your friend can no longer use that software under that transferred license; he has to buy the software himself. For example, you can't use his old CS2 software while he uses the upgraded CS2 version under the same license.

Back