Adobe Photoshop CS2 configuration files

So_Hail

Registered
Hi Guys ...

The problem comes from the time I have changes my Photoshop CS2 Temp & Scratch Disk to another disk than startup. Next time when I have started photoshop it said "Cannot initialize disk!" I guess I have made a mistake while I was changing the drive. So I cannot enter the photohsop workspace to reverse changes or to fix them, I guess the best I can do is to find the configuration files for photoshop to do a hand edit on them. (Is it even possible?)

Actually I'm new to Mac, I am running Mac OS X 10.4.1 on a MacBook, when I was a Windows user I could find these settings in registery (oftenly), I guess Mac OS (Like Linux) must keep configurations files somewhere, but where? :p

I'll be glad if you help me in general, where Mac OS X keep such .conf files?

Thanks ;)

OH Men ... this forum rocks to fuel my luck!! he he ...

Actually the problem solved, I came to uninstall instruction, and found where the adobe settings are stored, that was here :

Library > Preferences > Adobe Photoshop CS2 Settings

and there was a .psp file there that I couldn't edit with something (can I?), I have just renamed the file to something else for hoping that photoshop recreate it with default setting. Actually it did, I have started photoshop and a new default .psp file just has been created.

Anyway the problem solved, but was I too stupid in solving this problem? What could be the best way to do so?

:">

Erh... You can't expect everyone to jump at your question in only a couple of minutes, So_Hail... Everything takes time, and this is _not_ a chatroom after all.

But I think you found the solution and did what everybody would have done. Find the preference file responsible and remove that. Generally, companies like Adobe don't want you meddling with config-files by hand and thus are using compiled files you can't edit.

To add to what fryke said, just as an example your posts show up as being at 5:37 AM and almost 6 AM here in Miami. There was NO way I would have been able to answer a question at that time. We all do live in different time zones as well, you know. ;) So be patient. Someone will help out.

Woooh Fellas ... All ResPecT ;) I really didn't expect someone to be online that late to answer in only 3 minutes! ... but in that time it was a little strange, when I've posted my question suddenly I just found the solution! (Like a miracle! :D) then I came and write the solution that maybe come useful for others. that's it, it was stupid if I had expected to receive answer when I came to write the solution! >:D<

When I came to the forum I was completely disappointed about the problem. So, honestly, this forum rocks, while I read other thread I see people very active over here. Thank you again for caring to reply ;)

Once again Respect You All ;)

Back