ADS Student Membership no longer free

ElDiabloConCaca

U.S.D.A. Prime
Ack, I just visited the ADC site to download the newest XCode CD image and noticed that the "Download" option no longer exists for my account!

Digging a little deeper, I noticed that Apple now charges $99 for a Student ADC membership... it used to be free! I couldn't get pre-releases of OS X or anything like that, but I could download XCode, Java/USB/FireWire SDKs and other little stuff... no longer!

Oh well, I guess it was fun and free while it lasted. There are no more free ADC memberships available. :( Now I'll have to see if the Computer Science department here at UTSA wants to spot me the $100 for the membership... hehe...

How strange... it's back today. You know, these mountain cedar trees down here release a green-colored pollen that completely blankets this town (you car will be red/black/blue/white at night, and green the next morning! No kidding!) and it can have strange effects on those who are allergic to it... as I am. :(

I could have sword the "Download" option was NOT there late last week when I logged in, and went searching for it. If I click on the "Purchase" link, it takes me to a screen that states that an ADC Student Membership is $99, but that could possibly have more options than the free one (like mailings and what-not)... I must have been confused.

Time to go lie down.

There are two low-level membership options, Student and On-line. Student has always been $99, while On-line is free.

Back