Airport Extreme Port forwarding problems

jjsanders281

Registered
Hello all,

I have had a problem with the airport extreme ever since i got it and I cant seem to find an answer.

I cannot get port forwarding to work on the AE no matter what I do. It just simply will not open the ports for any application. I have been trying port 5050 for transmission and 5001 for my slingbox. I am very knowledgeable about networking and have never had any problems with any other routers that I have setup. i tried giving my mac a static internal address, a dhcp reservation, using all forms of wireless security, turning off IPv6. Nothing will open up the ports to my macbook pro.

In my troubleshooting I did discover that there was one port I could open successfully (21 for FTP). For some reason that is the only port that this AE will allow through.

Does anyone have any ideas of how or why this would be happening? I had to put back my linksys router for the time being but I would really like to get this working.

Thanks.

Are you sharing a Single IP on your Airport?

If you are do this (from Apple's help menu):

Enabling the NAT Port Mapping Protocol
In the Finder, choose Utilities from the Go menu.
Open Airport Admin Utility.
In the resulting Select Base Station window, select your Airport Extreme or AirPort Express from the list.
Click Configure, then enter the base station password when prompted.
Click the Base Station Options button.
Select the Enable NAT Port Mapping Protocol checkbox.
Click OK.
Click the Update button and wait for the base station to restart.
After your Airport Extreme or AirPort Express restarts, NAT-PMP will be enabled.

Yes I am sharing a single address and i do have the NAT mapping protocol turned on. Transmission also says there was a error mapping the port using NAT-PMP.

I also tried putting my slingbox ip address in as the the default host which should open all ports to it but that didnt work either.

No one else has had similar problems?

I have a friend who has the earlier model with 100mb port instead of the gigabit ones. He has not had my problem but was able to downgrade to an earlier version to fix many other issues with the airport disk. 7.2 is as far back as i can go with this model.

I've never tried port mapping with my AE's. I've got two, one on the upstairs Home Entertainment Center and one on the Downstairs stereo. And I use a Linksys Vonage Router to assign IP addresses.

Are you sharing a Single IP on your Airport?

If you are do this (from Apple's help menu):

Oh nice one. I've been having probems trying to get Meda Of Honor online pay working via my AE router. Just tried what you said and it works without probems now. Thanks!!!!!

Back