All new Hardware across the board?

My money is on April. However, I have money burning in my pocket to buy a new Dual 1.8, So, it looks like I'll wait for one more week then bite the bullet ( and pray the don't release the new computers right after my purchase). :rolleyes:

What if Apple released a new line of G5 towers at the next expo (probably WWDC since they're so anal about not going to Boston) rated at 2.6, 2.8 and 3 Ghz, completely bypassing everything in between? That would be 1337... LOL

I certainly hope Apple updates its product lines soon. I've been seriously thinking about buying a new/new used computer, and I'd love to get one of the machines out now for less than what they are now.

Me to I cant wait for the new powerbooks to come out I might splash out on a new 1 but I will prob get a reduced to clear or a nearly new top range G4! :)

Ah. http://www.appleinsider.com/article.php?id=401

Apple Computer last week advised its reseller channel to immediately submit all orders for end-of-quarter purchases, sources said. The company went on to warn dealers that all CPU inventory (with the exception of Power Macs) is expected to be "sold-out" by March 27th and a product dry spell would occur for approximately the first three weeks in April.

Over at macosrumors, they are saying that Apple is looking into making super slim iBooks come January next year! Schweet if true!

The Xworkstation sounds like a crummy thing to get excited about. Our current workstation is the Power Mac G5 incase anyone has forgot.
I'm more interested in the iBox rumor that has been going around. It seems more likely and we could use another iGadget.
My guess is that Apple will suprise us again and keep the Powerbook G5 design a secret like all their other products. Even the Powerbook G3 to Powerbook G4 transformation was worth an "ooo", "ahh", and "wow" . Expect more of that this year.

This would be a nice product line.

Desktop
Power Macs - Quad G5 2.6, 2.8, & 3 ghz $3500 - 5000
- Dual G5 2.6, 2.8, 3& 3 ghz $2500 - 3500
headless iMacs - Dual G5 1.6, 1.8, & 2 ghz $1500 - 2000
iMacs - G5 1.6, 1.8, & 2 ghz $1250 - 2000

Laptop
powerbook - G5 1.6, 1.8 & 2 ghz $1500 - 3000
ibook - G4 1.33 & 1.25 ghz $1000 - 1500

brianleahy said:
Honestly, I think there are already too many different wireless standards. Bluetooth, infrared, 802.11a thru 802.11g... The more different standards there are, the less likely any two wireless devices (selected at random) are likely to be compatible.

And IMHO, that's NOT a good thing.

Bluetooth is for connecting wireless devices. 802.11a - g are networking standards. Its used for connecting different computers to a network. Bluetooth and 802.11g(Airport) are targetting different uses.

Infrared is that old dinosaur technology that is only used with TV remotes :)

new powerbooks with G4 this week? I heard they will have faster cpu, faster gpu and more disc space.
Let's hope...

The only way I want to see another PowerBook G4 is if its an attempt to clear out the current enclosure and possibly, if the motherboard supported the new chips, those as well. Then drop the price on those guys and throw in the G5's in 3 months time, pretty much, as WWDC. :)

Back