aMSN on Mac firewalled or behind router

melancox

Registered
Hi.
I don't know much about this. I'll explain it as good as possible: I have a macbook (leopard) and I'm trying to use the aMSN. At first I was able to do it, but then I moved out and it doesn't work here since then. My roomemate operates the windows laptop wirelessly, so do I the mac, but I do have acces to the modem/router. I tried changing the attributes of the router (a westell versalink A90-750015-07 provided by verizon) and nothing happened. Then I read that I could try selecting : connecting using HTTP method, and I finally was able to log in, however I am not able to send or receive any messages. I see when contacts come online but they just don't receive my messages nor I get theirs. I noticed that the connection tab on aMSN says... Type: IP-restrict-NAT and also "you are firewalled or behind a router. So far, none of the methods explained here have helped.
PLEASE HELP ASAP, as my job depends on my ability to chat on aMSN.

Look up on Microsoft for what ports to open on the router for the application. Then use your router's manual to see how to open those ports.

Back