Apple better stop these crazy rumors

mi5moav

Registered
If macosx.com said that Apple was going to be selling a chia pet mac no one would care. But if companies such as cnet, businessweek or the ny times start stating things that Apple is going to have chamelion case macs or they are going to buy a cheese factory in Jersey they better be able to back it up. Especially with the market these days people don't like crazy rumors from supposedly reliable news sources. Just because of a very old patent, which we all rember came into light 2 years ago and seems to deal more with the little light on our ibooks, does not mean my imac is going to turn different colors if I move it from Africa to Alaska. If someone started publishing articles in a local paper about how they think I'm going to run my business I would get my lawyer and sue the papers ass.

Ha! Did we not tell you about the new Chia Pet Mac?! You must have missed that THREAD. :)

Actually, the fact the "BIG BOYS" are reporting on random reports by so-called Mac News Sites is the fact that the PRESS itself is going down hill. Not Apple's fault that such publications have nothing better to do than steal content from other news sites. HA! They all steal... what am I saying?

The Chia Pet Mac must be real, because Apple has denied it and issued a cease-and-desist order on the story about it ... You can't win, Mi5moav. If they try and fight the rumour mongers, it only makes some fanatics even more sure the rumours are true.

mi5moav said:
If someone started publishing articles in a local paper about how they think I'm going to run my business I would get my lawyer and sue the papers ass.
If you were a large company with a public profile, such as Apple, you're fair game and any lawyer would laugh his ass off at your request to litigate.
In some cases, bad news can be good news. Apple's been pretty quiet this summer with all the production woes, and as great as the Mini is, there's so much you can write about it.
The rumor mill is a way of keeping Apple news to the forefront (and to non-Apple users) and getting people to talk about the company and its products.

Besides, you all of people, should not knocking anyone at anytime or anywhere for crazy rumours. Don't ya think? ::angel::

any publicity is good publicity. Apple LOVES the rumors. so much infact that it has to pretend to despise them only so people will keep writing MORE!

on occasion they even admit to reading rumor sites such as this one. what do you think drives everyones obsession with Apple? the rumors. without them, Apple would be about as interesting as Dell (this has nothing to do with quality or design or whatever you may want to flame about).

as for the chameleon light patent. perhaps its just for the sleeping LED but i highly doubt it. even so, Apple patents it with a vague description, gets 1000s of great ideas of what it may be and how to implement it, and then turns a simple patent based on ideas and speculation into something totally awesome.

if that is what they intended to do, that would be genius. also, how many companies does the world really give a sh*t about what they patent? thanks to the RUMORS Apple lives for though, once again they are on the front page of the register and reuters alike.

theres not enough money in the world to pay for that kind of publicity and Apple doesnt even pay a cent.

Apple might as well locks its doors and shutdown if it was to actually seriously pursue stopping "these crazy rumors." :rolleyes:

mi5moav said:
Apple better stop these crazy rumours

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

PotCallingTheKettleBlack.gif

Back