Apple Bluetooth Keyboard will not Pair with iBook

dmetzcher

Metzcher.com
I just got a new Apple Bluetooth keyboard and it will not pair with my iBook. When I use the Bluetooth Setup Assistant, it sees the keyboard, and then asks me to type the passcode. I type it, hit the Return key, and it just sits there forever. I didn't have an issue pairing the keyboard with my new Mac Pro. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

I have the same problem with the new bluetooth keyboard. My old white plastic one worked great until a friend got drunk and spilled his drink into it and gave me his newer version. It sees it, even comes up with the keyboards name, but the number verification doesn't work. I went out and bought a new rocketfish keyboard (i like having a number pad), and the same thing happens. So for shits and giggles, I tried both keyboards again with his computer and neither computer can pair with either keyboard, even though the newer version apple keyboard was paired with his computer fine before. I then tried both with a macbook and still, same result. I've deleted all profiles in preferences, reset the keyboards (batteries out for 30 seconds), reset the pmu on my mini, restarted, unplugged them from the wall...nothing on any machines with either devices. I'm typing from a usb dell keyboard right now. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Back