Apple Bluetooth Mouse and Keyboard

This should be interesting. Anyone know what they will look like?

Now let's work on the wireless monitor! So we can achieve our goal of having a wireless desktop!

Okay, I know I'm crazy for even suggesting a wireless monitor. :)

No, you're just crazy.

A wireless monitor, hmm... that would still need a power cord.

As for the input devices, that sound super cool. It'll probably be an Intellimouse... yeah right.

If it true then that's what I'm talking about. I want to new keyboard and always wanted a wireless mouse. The is be the sweets.

i'm curious. there has been quite the buzz about this bluetooth mouse and keyboard for a while now. whats the big deal? kensington make a wireless mouse (sweet too) and i'm sure there are wireless keyboards around too. what does bluetooth offer that the "current" tech does not?

It uses RF frequencies instead of IR... and you don't need a separate receiving device just for your mouse or just for your keyboard, all you need is a Bluetooth adaptor and you can use any BT device.

Originally posted by arden
No, you're just crazy.

A wireless monitor, hmm... that would still need a power cord.

As for the input devices, that sound super cool. It'll probably be an Intellimouse... yeah right.

Niether the mouse, keyboard or monitor would need a power cable! Why? This is why:

http://www.mobilewise.com/

Hopefully Apple may in the future implement something like this. I could imagine this being embeded in planes, starbucks and all other kinds of places! So cool about the mouse and keyboard (I will buy).

1) Because you need to plug the receiver into the computer via USB, or you won't be able to use your trackball. It's like a cordless telephone. The beauty of Bluetooth is that you only need one receiver to use all your devices. You can have a BT mouse, keyboard and PDA and use them all with one little adaptor (possibly built-in, even), rather than need a separate mouse receiver, keyboard receiver, and PDA cradle.

2) Bluelogic has a Bluetooth keyboard with a trackball, but that's probably not what you want. I couldn't find anything else, but give it time and they will sprout.

Originally posted by pwharff
Niether the mouse, keyboard or monitor would need a power cable! Why? This is why:

http://www.mobilewise.com/

That's pretty fancy, although Tesla's wireless power experiments impressed me more. He said he "changed the electrical structure" of the ground to make it work like a power lead. The positive pole was an antenna. And he actually got approximately 200 light bulbs lighting up using power from his lab/trafo station a few miles away without any wires :cool:

i dont mind the power cables the way apple does them with the adc connections. now typical pc setup really sucks. yeah! wireless would be cool though.

makes you think. with all the talk about cell phones causing cancer can you imagine the potential health concerns involved with transmitting "power" through the air?

wireless keyboard/mouse needs to be facing the receiver.

with a bluetooth keyboard/mouse i can sit on my bed which is 3 metres from my mac and work without any problems .. (if only i had a projector to go with:))

It's good to see that Apple is into using Bluetooth, I've found it really useful with my Ericsson phones, especially my T610. I can open up the BT File Utility and browse the image and other files on my phone to download them. Still a little clunky but better than the NEC 606 I had for a few weeks, they suck. Hopefully by the time I get a G5 I'll be able to get the BT keyboard and mouse, it just better have two buttons and a scrollwheel!

And please tell me its not all about house music tsizKEIK, you know drum and bass is far superior... :)

I rather to have rechargeable mouse or keyboard than putting batteries every time it died. I agreed with Biter of Apples "I hate batteries, I don't mind cables....

Not sure I'd like to have one extra "component" on my desk. Unless this one combines all RF systems in it.

But this mat does not carry.

Back