Apple.com updated with new G5 page, old G5's!

pwharff

Registered
How dare they scare me like that! I got all excited for a second and then I realized they just changed the page to reflect the current G5's! Apple you suck! ........ Ok, I've settled down, I love you Apple.

NOTE: You may have to refresh Apple.com a couple times to see the change or clear your cache.

Please please give us new G5's! I wonder if this has anything to do with the whole Bank of America news about sellling low amounts of G5's.

they should work on sticking the G5 into a powerbook.... or imac... or something! They shouldnt gather quotes and put them on the site.... that's where all the important news should go! If they had nothing new to say, then just dont say it there... put it into the extra news section, or someplace else, not on the main page :(
i too got excited, only to be disappointed :'(

fahrvergnuugen - glad you've still got the number one PowerMac - I hate / love it when they outdate mine! :mad: :D

How did you manage to put 2.5GB RAM in your PM? I thought it was imperative to have matched pairs of RAM in the G5s?

:confused:

slots are in parenthesis (1)(2)= 1gb [512x2] (3)(4)=1gb [ditto] (5)(6)=512mb [256x2] (7)(8)=0mb would be my guess for the 2.5gb.

I doubt it will make you feel better, but for some reason, it seemed initially odd of a count too... :)

I think he's bought his RAM as an after market purchase from the G5 - sensible and cheaper!

I was forgetting the G5 has so many slots - whenever I've bought a Mac I rip out all the existing and give it away - trying to max it out... Therefore the total always seems more "even"

I see the Dual 2 G5 comes with 512 - he's just added another 2 GB...

Mystery solved - I'm an idiot...

Androo said:
they should work on sticking the G5 into a powerbook.... or imac... or something! They shouldnt gather quotes and put them on the site.... that's where all the important news should go! If they had nothing new to say, then just dont say it there... put it into the extra news section, or someplace else, not on the main page :(
i too got excited, only to be disappointed :'(
But those are the new G5's, what's new? These new and advanced computers from Apple come with new quotes! Why isn't anyone else getting this. Also, sorry no G5's in PowerBooks or iMacs, they have G6's in them now!

Back