Apple Expo-Paris uncloaked

mi5moav

Registered
What other suprises besides the new imac G5's introduction will be occuring in a little more than a week. I'm pretty sure we'll have a nice little hello from Steve recuperating from home, but without Steve doing the keynote...doesn't seem to be getting as much hype by the media as some of the other ones. Is it that they believe that schiller won't be allowed to pull such a product out of the hat. I'm hoping for some real interesting things in a few weeks. Probably will have a good chance of seeing the following.

ipod software update
itunes update
.mac update
imac update
apple's purchuse of intuit revealed
quicktime update
virtual pc update

And to add to that list, I've compiled a list of my own. Get ready... at the Apple Expo in Paris in September, in addition to mi5moav's list, I think we will see (drum roll, please):

updates

I know, I know, it seems far-fetched and off the wall, but I think it just might happen...

virtual pc update can't be. that was unveiled half a year ago, it's just not available yet. :p

VPC is owned by Microsoft. Apple's not going to unveil it anywhere.
But honestly, what is the point of threads like this? Making unconfirmed rumors and wild guesses?

I don't see iTunes being updated so close to the release of iTunes 4.6, although it would explain why they didn't give 4.5 the title iTunes 5, if they were working on a new iTunes already...

Hrmm... hard to say, perhaps you'll be right.

The renaming convention is part of the iLife package. You wouldn't see iTunes '05 until 2005 when iLife '05 comes out.

But then can't you buy a 05 car yet. Intuit 05 and MYOB will be shipping sept 1. I'm waiting on a keynote upgrade since it's been a while, but steve needs to unveil that. I think we will see at least 2 totally new products and 5 updates or updates revealed. Wild speculation is what real news is about these days.

I WANT the release of Quicktime HD (as shareware even) like in Tiger. I want to start seeing web sites using it.

mi5moav said:
But then can't you buy a 05 car yet. Intuit 05 and MYOB will be shipping sept 1.

Hate to be a nit-picker, but you can buy quite a few '05 cars right now, including a Nissan Altima '05.

mi5moav said:
But then can't you buy a 05 car yet. Intuit 05 and MYOB will be shipping sept 1. I'm waiting on a keynote upgrade since it's been a while, but steve needs to unveil that. I think we will see at least 2 totally new products and 5 updates or updates revealed. Wild speculation is what real news is about these days.

Ah, I think we're at the root of the problem now, mi5moav. You see, you've been attacked in the past by other members of this board about posting most ridiculously way-off things... I guess you're just _wrong_ about this. News is definitely _not_ the same as wild speculation. And rumours are _also_ not the same as wild speculation. Wild speculation is just that: Wild speculation.

Luckily, you haven't changed the world's perception of 'news' with your posts. ;-)

What did we get last paris expo?
I remember the Apple branded wireless keyboard and mouse. Was there anything more? I seem to remember there were vague promises of itues in europe before years end :) and ofcourse showing of the new G5.

I would guess it will be a lot of sale and percentage of market talk about itunes and some "hang in there, rest of europe. we're coming to you soon". Showing of the new displays and the new isight and if we are lucky the new iMac. maybe they throw in a couple of very minor software updates.

:D
it is free for interpretation.
it's acually from a children book called Frog in Love by Max Velthuijs. It's about a frog who falls in love (duh!) with a duck (despite all his friends saying that a green guy can't date a white girl). I really like the drawings.

Rumors -
A piece of unverified information of uncertain origin usually spread by word of mouth.
ex. "purple monkey dishwasher"

News -
Information about recent events or happenings, especially as reported by newspapers, periodicals, radio, or television.

Discussion -
Consideration of a subject by a group; an earnest conversation.

Apple -

Apple ignited the personal computer revolution in the 1970s with the Apple II and reinvented the personal computer in the 1980s with the Macintosh. Today, Apple continues to lead the industry in innovation with its award-winning desktop and notebook computers, OS X operating system, and iLife and professional applications. Apple is also spearheading the digital music revolution with its iPod portable music players and iTunes online music store.

ref: check dictionary.com and apple.com
note: full defintions not cited
have a nice day
;)

I followed a link to http://www.archos.com/products/prw_500637.html and the bottom left animation caught my eye. Just imagine if the new imac was based on this design. An ice white dome hub with a slit in the middle that would allow a removable display to be attached. Also allowing for some minor positioning of the lcd. Then when you want to take the screen with you and use it around the house or just surf the net or download a book you have it ready for you. the might not even have to have the electrodes exposed just think of that sonic care toothbrush and how it charges through the plastics. This way they could keep the basic form of the imac dome shaped... save some money on the metal handle, and have the ability to have your lcd taken with you... now, that I think about it, what a stupid idea, who the hell wants to lug around a 17" or 20" tablet. Though this would be a cool docking station for the new ipad/epad with it's 12" screen. Damn, this new imac better look good... I have a feeling it is going to be a lot boxier than what we though.

They will announce PlayList, the first iPod magazine, from MacWorld editors. PlayList

They will announce that iTunes supports DTS iTunes supports DTS and that we will soon be able to download DTS encoded files from iTMS.

Back