Apple Laptops Catching on Fire?!?!

both dell and sony are plagued by the same problems: they bring out new products that suck. sony has they're playstation 2 console that always had something wrong with the disc tray and it couldn't read burned CDs...lame. dell has computers with monitors that couldn't light a room and disc trays that take years to respond after you press that button to eject it. i know all of this from experience. i like the PS2(game library), but those problems get annoying. my desktop is a dell. its good for about two years...then it just goes to crap.

I know what you mean. I totally agree. That's the problem with PCs--most of them go to shlt within a couple years, whereas Apple computers are build to last. Some people are always whining, "But, but, but ... Apple computers are soooooo expensive!" You know what I say? "Think of it this way: Would you rather purchase a cheap car that's going to constantly break down on you, or would you rather spend a little more money and get one that's reliable and requires very little maintenance?" Same thing goes for computers. Me? I'd always opt for a trusty Apple. :)

My friend swears by Dell. It's all he ever buys. And I'm constantly teasing him and giving him a hard time about it. It really pisses him off when I call it Dull. ;)

Well, Apple has released products this year which "sucked" as well. The MacBook Pro, first, whined and got so hot it burned some legs. Then the MacBook with its own share of moo-ing and heat and then discoloration and instant-shutdowns. Of course these things don't happen to _everyone_, but one can't simply put these things on other companies and ignore Apple's own share of problems. Quality control, in my opinion, has really gone down since my first PowerBook 150. That one just worked. Always. :)

I guess it all comes down to how many mistakes versus how many victories. In my opinion, Apple is still way ahead of the game. :)

Back