Apple posts a net profit of $14 million for the 2nd quarter

Not bad, what is really surprising is that Jobs is covering up the whole UMG deal. He commented with a few vague things that can be considered a number of different ways. All he really said was that Apple had not put in a bid YET. Then he said that he is going to stick by the policy not to comment on rumors. If you look at the cash holdings that Apple has, its up to a little over $4.5 billion in the bank. Which means that Apple could easily put $1.5 billion down in cash, and do the rest over time. With the net profit that UMG makes, it can pay that off in about a year. Either way, I can see Apple going either way with it./

One of the things I like about Mac users is the love of the platform and the support for Apple. Obviously they don't always get it right but Mac people know that the development of our beloved machines is dependent on the company doing well. I doubt you'd see a post on a windows forum saying, "Hey guys, have you seen Microsoft's 2nd quarter results? Its great to see them making so much money!" :)

"I doubt you'd see a post on a windows forum saying, "Hey guys, have you seen Microsoft's 2nd quarter results? Its great to see them making so much money!""

No, but then you don't see any posts pointing out other obvious things like flowers need water and sunlight etc. ;)

seriously, you are right. i cant think of any other company that has such support. i think there is less pirating on the mac-platform also, just to support the companies making software.

Originally posted by Decado
"I doubt you'd see a post on a windows forum saying, "Hey guys, have you seen Microsoft's 2nd quarter results? Its great to see them making so much money!"" ...

That's because Windoze people aren't worried about their computer manuf. going out of business any time soon either ;) To Apple fans, a profit means "live to fight another day", to Wintel fans, a profit means "2nd quarter, what's a quarter, and what does r.e.v.e.n.u.e mean?" Sorry, had to put that last one in there :D

Back