Apple sightings on TV and movies?

Conan O'Brien gave a plug to Apple tonight in his "How to be a Santa" clip. In response to the "do not promise anything" rule, he replied "I cannot promise to give anybody a Macintosh computer?".

Well I thought it was funny.

Merry Christmas

Sorry if I repeated (too lazy to look back, shame on me), but there's a few Apple sightings, billboard, computer, in Scary Movie 3.

Cinema Displays were quite prominent in Paycheck.

There were also Macs galore in Stuck On You (Matt Damon's character uses a 12" AlBook)

It's funny 'cause now when I spot a Mac on TV or in film when I turn to my wife she's all like, "Yeah, yeah. I saw it." I've trained her well… :D;)

cybergoober said:
It's funny 'cause now when I spot a Mac on TV or in film when I turn to my wife she's all like, "Yeah, yeah. I saw it." I've trained her well… :D;)
LOL... My family doesn't seem to care. I always notice, and they never give an indication of even having noticed.

Now a days a lot of movies still use macs but they either grey out the apple or put stickers on it. WTF? Mr. deeds for example greys out the Apple logo on the obvious TiBook.

'Love Actually' has lotsa Macs. And a biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig iMac ad in the final airport scene. I thought it was almost too big. Do they show that picture in the US at all? (It's a _tad_ anti-american, although in a very, very funny way. And Billy Bob Thornton rocks as Mr. Texan President of the States...)

this may have already been mentioned long ago - but Daddy DayCare - I just saw it the other day, and Eddie Murphy's character uses a powerbook.

This one is not a movie or a TV series.
It's a video clip.

Sky Sweetman, Bill. E. Shakespear (or something like that)
The girl is using a PowerBook G4 15'' (I think) and using a kind of software like iMovie.

Golfer099 said:
Now a days a lot of movies still use macs but they either grey out the apple or put stickers on it. WTF? Mr. deeds for example greys out the Apple logo on the obvious TiBook.

Would have to do with either not having to pay Apple for the use of the logo, or Apple not paying them to advertise. Though I thought Apple used to have a big thing about supplying computers to movies, just to get the product placement (and since they look better, it's a win win situation)

I've noticed a big trend in music videos at th emoment (please don't shoot me if i've missed someone saying this!). 50 Cent, for example. Not my type of music, but lots of those artists feature iPods in their videos. Apparently Apple has a deal with some of these people. I heard that Apple pays 50 Cent quite a bit to FEATURE the iPod in the clip. Not just show it, but advertise it.

A few days ago, a PBS special showed two of my favorites: Andrea Bocelli and TI. I think it was called "Return to Toscany." Bocelli singing for friends and family in restaurant. The Powerbook was shown often as another "musical instrument" of Bocelli's musicians. It was music to my ears!

just saw pay check. really bad movie, but could not be without noticing the multiple apple monitors in it.

and the preview of the barber shop 2 has a powerbook...

Sorry if this was already said but I don't see it, at least not yet :) At the end of the credits of the latest Lord of the Rings there is an Apple :)

One of the finalists for user-submitted commercials showing the flaws in the Bush administration at www.moveon.org has a Mac desktop... the link is here (high bandwidth) and here (low bandwidth).

Back