Apple thinks we're stupid.

I think there are still some users that do not know yet. I remember a report about someone calling at the computer service saying that his cup-holder was broken. It was his CD-Rom he used for cups..

Seriously, these kinds of things are needed. Just because people who visit this site actually know what they're doing with computers doesn't mean that the majority of computer users do. I'd be safe to say 80% of all computer users have no clue on really anything. I work at a tech support call center and people seriously are really stupid when it comes to computers. I mean, people can't even pronounce "ethernet" correctly. So yea, I think these kinds of things are needed, because people don't want to accidentally screw up their computer. :)

Hehe... that article used to say "pick up your iMac G5 by grasping the handles".... hehe... WHAT HANDLES?! Glad to see they've changed it since then... :D

Actually... I sorta requested that be written...

When unboxing a large number of iMac G5s at work, the instinctive grip when you pull the iMac G5 out of the box causes your thumbs to press directly against the LCD panel...

Now... when I saw what I was pressing against, I quickly tried a different way to unbox it, however the chance of a customer grabbing their new iMac G5, pulling up, and hearing the LCD panel snap isn't a nice thing :)

However, I really do laugh whenever I see that article referenced. Its just that type of classic. But at least it serves a purpose.

It servers a purpose, definitely.
And Brian, you have to be an employee to access that list. :D

Hm, Ok. Let's open a humor of the day thread in the Cafe' and I'll post some fun stuff there. ;)

Dorn said:
Actually... I sorta requested that be written...

When unboxing a large number of iMac G5s at work, the instinctive grip when you pull the iMac G5 out of the box causes your thumbs to press directly against the LCD panel...

Now... when I saw what I was pressing against, I quickly tried a different way to unbox it, however the chance of a customer grabbing their new iMac G5, pulling up, and hearing the LCD panel snap isn't a nice thing

Oh come off it!

How many people, when un-packing their shiny new G5 (mine better bloody ship today!!!) will think to themselves:

"hmm, I wonder how I should pick this up? I know, I'll check Apple's technical support website to see if it tells me"

Probably promptly followed by:

"Oh bugger, I can't, I haven't unpacked my computer yet!"

Actually, I can't imagine anyone, ever, thinking:

"hmm, I wonder how I should pick this up? I know, I'll check Apple's technical support website to see if it tells me"

lnoelstorr said:
Oh come off it!

How many people, when un-packing their shiny new G5 (mine better bloody ship today!!!) will think to themselves:

Probably promptly followed by:

"Oh bugger, I can't, I haven't unpacked my computer yet!"

Actually, I can't imagine anyone, ever, thinking:

Never said it was the best place for that info :) Keep in mind a customers have called Apple for FAR more.. um .. "simple" questions (not wanting to insult customers here)...

Having an answer is a good thing. And I could ramble about adoption rates of most Apple customers having more than one computer or access to another thats online. But honestly, I just get a kick from it being there.

Let me know what you think when you unbox it. Curious.

list of things people spilled in powerbook's/ibook's and brought me for repair:

water (classic)
all kind of soft drinks
wine (swiss white wine)
caipirinha (airport)

and the best for last:
chocolate sauce

Back