Apple uses Chimera!

Chibi15

Official ai tenshi
I recently watched the keynote about XServe and at the presentation for database-driven webpages they used chimera navigator!! :eek:

You can see on the attached screenshot or look for yourself

www.apple.com/quicktime/qtv/xserve/
its at 00:42:24

* Edited: * You can exactly see that Phil Schiller is launching Chimera!

Attachments

• phil_shiller_chimera_dock.jpg
    phil_shiller_chimera_dock.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 75
Originally posted by voice-
I hope Chimera &/or OmniWeb will be default in OS 10.2 instead of IE

It probably will. Apple's contract with M$ expires this summer :) :) :)

apple needs to setup more mirror streaming servers... their site is getting crappy for peak-time delivery.

I cannot access the movie.

Huh. Interesting that Apple, themselves, used Chimera Navigator for this exhibition... I suppose it is because Navigator is the fastest browser there is, eh?

Think Steve is going to be slipping them some money/resources now?

*This post made with Navigator .27*

I've been using Chimera as my main browser since 0.2.4 and I love it. Once they put in antialiasing it was easily as slow as Omniweb 4.1 on my 500mhz iBook, but once they added the option to disable antialiasing it's worked great. Chimera is actually very stable for me at least, it rarely crashes. I hope Apple goes with Chimera as it needs more resources than Omni.

Originally posted by hew
I've been using Chimera as my main browser since 0.2.4 and I love it. Once they put in antialiasing it was easily as slow as Omniweb 4.1 on my 500mhz iBook, but once they added the option to disable antialiasing it's worked great. Chimera is actually very stable for me at least, it rarely crashes. I hope Apple goes with Chimera as it needs more resources than Omni.

I still can't see it as anything more than a toy at this point. It crashes on Java.

Yeah, Java is a must for me, too. But I do plan to switch when it grows up a little, very good work so far.

Are you sure it was chimera? I thought it was IE for OS X with most of the tool bars collapsed.

Originally posted by dricci
Yeah, Java is a must for me, too. But I do plan to switch when it grows up a little, very good work so far.

Are you sure it was chimera? I thought it was IE for OS X with most of the tool bars collapsed.

Absolutely. Go to my site: www.hellrot.org. Crashes instantly.

I am POSITIVE it was Chimera. On my T1 line here at college (yay!) I get nice, high quality video, and you can clearly see Navigator's spiffy icon in the dock, with the little black triangle below it.

Does anybody else love the icon as much as I do? It's so nice to see something besides just a dang LETTER for an icon. *cough*IE*cough*Mozilla*cough*Netscape*cough*Opera*cough*

100%. Have a look at the dock. There's no IE logo there, and also in the title bar, there's no @ in front of the page name like in IE.

I just went there with Chimera. As a matter of fact, I have the site opened right now...

Poked around a little, did not do any harm.

That's really odd. Why would it crash instantly on me when getting to the site, but for you not at all. I assumed it was the NeXT clock applet. What does Chimera use for Java? that may be it.

*cough* the chimera icon copies the *cough* omniweb icon.

i sure hope apple doesn't include chimera for the next few months/years. it still needs too much work.

and apple shouldn't be too hostile against microsoft. we don't want to hear a 'MacBU dead', now, would we?

you can always install the browser of your choice. why should apple install chimera 0.x.whatever with, say, Jaguar, when you instantly have to update because of major flaws, anyway? they can add links to 'other' browsers on the startpage.

we don't want to hear a 'MacBU dead'

Wouldn't really bother me that much, the less security holes, the better!

Let's just hope Apple gets their new office suite ready before the end of the year and then we can piss off Microsoft all we want :D

Back