Apps store application disappeared from iPhone

sMarta

Registered
Hi,
After my iPhone was upgraded to iOS 4.1, the apps store application icon vanished from the iPhone (3G, iOS 4.1, not jailbroken). In addition, I can not sync with iTunes (10, Mac OS 10.6.4). Simply not allowed to check the Sync box in the iTunes, however, I see the current icons on the scree. Likely, there is a connection between the two failures.
Do you have any idea which software can cause the issue: iOS 4.1 or iTunes?
How do I get the Apps store application into the iPhone and from where?

Thank you for any help in advance.

It sounds like you need to restore your iPhone through iTunes. If you have backups enabled, iTunes will reinstall the firmware and then copy your settings, apps, and files back onto the iPhone. Also, if you've lost apps that you purchased, you can re-download them from the iTunes store.

Thank you. You mean, iTune has a restore function? I've never used this before. And where should be set the back up to enable: on the iPhone?

If you use iTunes to restore your iPhone, it'll ask you afterwards whether you want to restore from a backup or set up as a new phone. After restoring from the backup, you'll need to resync music, apps etc. Finally, all should be well (as it was when that particular backup was made).

Hi, the problem had been solved!
I forgot that I had set some restrictions sometime before.
Since I disabled the apps download function, it caused that the Apps store icon vanished from the screen.
After I enabled this function again, the icon appeared on the screen.
Thank you help, I save it for later.

cheers

Ah, I thought that an app that you downloaded from App Store had vanished, not the App Store icon itself. ;) ... Glad you've worked it out yourself!

Back