AppStore App update problem...

pinkylbh3

Registered
I have a strange issue with the Mac Appstore app. When I launch it, it tells me I have 1 update available (Angry Birds, 1.5.1 as it happens). Now I don't have Angry Birds on my mac - I do on my iPad.

The real strangeness comes when I click "Update" - an info pane opens and tells me:

"You have updates available for other accounts"
"Sign in to asdfff2011@mail.ru to update applications for that account"

Needless to say (I hope) I have no asdfff2011 account.

Do you, perchance, have an "Angry Birds.app" file in your /Applications folder?

Is it possible that someone else copied that app to your computer?

I have a strange issue with the Mac Appstore app. When I launch it, it tells me I have 1 update available (Angry Birds, 1.5.1 as it happens). Now I don't have Angry Birds on my mac - I do on my iPad.

The real strangeness comes when I click "Update" - an info pane opens and tells me:

"You have updates available for other accounts"
"Sign in to asdfff2011@mail.ru to update applications for that account"

Needless to say (I hope) I have no asdfff2011 account.

I have the exact same problem. I had a version of angry birds on the mac but I deleted it but now I am getting the same problem even the email address is the same.

Try Googling the e-mail address, that'll give you a pretty good clue as to what's going on. There's a fix, too, it involves copying a resource from the Twitter App into the "real" problem app. Good luck.

Googling also seems to point to a cracked copy of Final Cut Pro, which bypasses the App Store.
If you have a recent FinalCut Pro X installed, try removing that. If you have a legit copy of FCPX that you purchased through the app store, just download it again to reinstall. That process apparently fixes the "Angry Birds" with the Russian email address, at least for some.

Back