At MWSF, there were Adobe potshots. Today at MWNY, there were Microsoft potshots.

simX

Unofficial Mac Genius
"Everybody's jumping on the MPEG4 bandwagon..... well, except for maybe Microsoft." -- Steve Jobs

"Where do you think we got the name '.Mac'? *chuckle* From Microsoft's ".Net" intiative. Well, at least we KNOW how to do internet services. We are actually DELIVERING." -- Steve Jobs

(Don't quote me on those exact words. They're not actually quotes, just the best that I can remember. Anybody have official quotes?)

Heehee, I love it how Apple and Steve Jobs are not afraid of Microsoft anymore. The last key to the puzzle is to release AppleWorks 7, a drop-dead mind-blowing Cocoa office suite at the same current price of AppleWorks 6: $79. If Apple manages to put great Microsoft Word converters in there, Apple can be completely Microsoft independent!

Seems to that Mozilla and Omniweb are really close. Perhaps Apple could fund some of the development efforts?

Well considering David Hyatt (original developer of chimera) was recently hired by Apple we'll see what happens :)

googolplex - are you certain that Apple has hired David Hyatt? A few months ago when he went on sabatical, everyone speculated that it was to work for Apple on an Apple branded browser. But Hyatt spoke up and said he was just taking a break...

Any coroboration on this?

Back