At my wits end...please help me

mochachip

Registered
I am a new Mac user. For the last three months, I have been creating a presentation in keynote 08. In addition to the project including illustrations (drawings) I've also used a great deal of effects and transitions that were available in the inspector. I also created a menu w/ hyperlinks, so that prospective viewers would be able to view the sections of choice. Well, I was led to believe that once the project was completed, I would be able to do a number of things. The first, to successfully convert it into a Powerpoint presentation. Next, transferring it onto a DVD, maintaining all of the functions. Emailing capability and last but not least, placing it on IWEB. Well, as of three days ago, I have spent a total of 5 hours on the phone with tech support in addition to several one-on-one classes, only to discover that a glitch is presented in every aspect. My dilemma is that the material contained in the presentation is sensitive and I need to ensure it's protection. My questions are as follows: How can I successfully, convert this keynote presentation and all of its functions, into a Powerpoint presentation? Also, Is placing this presentation on the IWEB as secure a situation as they (tech support) say or do I have to consult with a web-builder and explore an encrypted type situation? Is there a third application necessary in order to created a clean and clear version for DVD since the IDVD transfer seems fuzzy. I know this is a lot of questions but I am desperate. PLEASE HELP ME. I''m willing to contact you in person if need be but I really need some honest information. Thanks
the 'Desperato'

Okay... first, to convert it to a powerpoint presentation, go up to "File" in the menu bar, and chose "Export". It should come up with a window, with a number of options to choose from. Choose the powerpoint one, and it should export it to the destination that you choose. as for all the transitions and effects, Powerpoint may not support them. you can use powerpoint after you export it to put in their effects. i've never used iWeb, so, sorry, i can't help much there. and for iDvd, i would suggest using iMovie first, to export it to iDvd at full quality, and then go from there...

hope this helps some...

Back