Back to Back Router

Gigamux

Registered
I need to hook up a wireless camera DCS 6620G from DLINK to my LAN. The Camera is going to be at the end of one of my LAN ports over 2000 feet from my home. I have a fiber optic cable working for this remote LAN port now

Is it possible to hook up another wireless router at the end of the remote LAN port that would just allow the camera to be seen on my LAN?

Or is there some wireless device other than a router that I could use for my application?

Thanks in advance...

I need to hook up a wireless camera DCS 6620G from DLINK to my LAN. The Camera is going to be at the end of one of my LAN ports over 2000 feet from my home. I have a fiber optic cable working for this remote LAN port now

Is it possible to hook up another wireless router at the end of the remote LAN port that would just allow the camera to be seen on my LAN?

Or is there some wireless device other than a router that I could use for my application?

Thanks in advance...

You could use a router, but might have problems merging the networks (you create a subnetwork behind the router).

Better use an access point, which just creates a wireless entry on that spot without any other functionality. All wireless traffic through the access point is part of the complete network.

Good luck, Kees

Thanks for the Tip, bigbadjohn... so you must mean to use a lan port to connect the wireless router to the ethernet cable and then disable DHCP... I will try it. I thought I had to hook up the ethernet cable to the wan port... let you know how it works

Got the old Dlink DI524 out and dusted it off. Used the Lan ports and disabled the DHCP. Work for both wireless and lets the Ethernet wired traffic flow on down to the next place on my remote network...Golf Range Office... Thanks so much.

Back