Backing up iPhoto.

dalo

Registered
Hi guys.

A quick question.

Can i backup my iPhoto 06 image library (and having it remain just the way it is inside of iPhoto 06), simply by backing up the /entire/ "iPhoto Library" in my ~, reinstall the system my format (I really have to due to other issues), install iLife with iPhoto (and of course run System Update, so the two programs are the same version!), and simply Replace that "old" "iPhoto Library" in my "new" home directory (~)?

<B>Second question</B>, but really the same when you think about it:

Can I use the same method as above, but here in Mail2 (needless to say the both version of the app has to be the same, I know), or should I deal with mboxes?

The problem is not so much about the procedure in Mail2, but rather iPhoto, as I wan't to save the time I've spent on dealing with comments and smart folders fixed upon these.

I really need to clean this system up.

Thanks in advance!

I backed up my iPhoto Library that way when I last migrated a week ago and it worked. Just be sure not to open iPhoto on the new install until you've put the iPhoto Library in place. Otherwise iPhoto will create a fresh library on first launch.

Not sure on mail though.

I backed up my iPhoto Library that way when I last migrated a week ago and it worked. Just be sure not to open iPhoto on the new install until you've put the iPhoto Library in place. Otherwise iPhoto will create a fresh library on first launch.

Not sure on mail though.

Thank you very much for that information!

Back