basic graphics app

Torz

Registered
Hey do you guys know any really basic graphics software? All I'm going to use it for is making a very simple title for my homepage. So effectively all I need is a graphics app that I can insert alphabetical characters. I've tried GraphicsConverter, I like it but in terms of quality of the font, its not that great (its rough, not smooth).

http://homepage.mac.com/torum7/comp.gif is a example of something i want to make... well I did make it but on my M$ Win app. I want something on OS X.

By the way, anyone know any "good" looking and reliableweb browser? I'm using Mozilla, love it but I want to try something else :D

ciao
Torz

this will sounds weird, but if you have 10.1.5, you could use Appleworks, MS word, TextEdit, etc to type it up, then sceenshot the area desired (Command + Shit + 4, then click and drag to slect the area, release to snap the pic)...

then open the screen shot in Graphic Convertor and it would be smooth antialised and not too shabby.

easy and free.

otherwise, photoshop ($$$$) or Gimp (a pain in the a**).

rinse- clever workaround, but it's not free. Doesn't "graphic converter" cost money? I thought it's shareware.

But, hey, you know what IS free? Apple's "Preview" app. it can open many picture formats, and has the ability to "export" to many formats. THAT is free. :D

Granted, I hear everybody loves graphic converter..... Haven't tried it, myself.

You are a legend rinse. I've never thought about using Grab :D Very good idea indeed.

Thanks a lot
Torz

Hey, I can make a good logo for your website! I am using Adobe Illustrator 10.0 and Photoshop 7.0. They are the best for graphic designing!
So if you tell me all the details for this logo I'll make it and put it on this forum!
Don't worry, I am not charging you money for it!

Gwailo - you might note this is the os x forum. elements is still a classic app. not much good for those of us who don't want to 'go back' if we don't have to. for sure i will never pay for another 'classic' app, not even a few bucks, much less $100.;)

There used to be a very cool and not-too-complex image editing program for the NeXT. Kind of like Tiffany but without the layers and graphics professional add-ons but not as simple as AppleWorks and much more user-friendly than GraphicConverter. I used to use it to do graphics for my home page back in the early days of the WWW but for the life of me I can't remember the name. Any ideas what it was? I wonder if it could be rescued and ported to OSX?

Androo52 > You're a legend:) but I don't think I need your service now since I've got it all sussed. Thanks anyway though.

Alan B Dahl > Sounds like a damn good proggie to me!

Ed > Can't agree anymore lol

Back