Big Cs3 Problem (help...!?)

imacg5guy

Registered
Basically, I bought my mac 2nd hand, and it came with 'Creative Suite 3 Design Premium' which consists of - Indesign CS3, acrobat 8 profesional, Illustrator CS3, Photoshop CS3 extended, Flash CS3 profesional, dreamweaver CS3. The problem is with Flash, it isn't registered yet ALL the other adobe programs ARE REGISTERED, now because i bought it off another guy, he'd not packed in the installation cases so i don't know the serial for my software!! Therefore, can i go on any other adobe program and get it off there? I've tried yet not succeeded.

PLEASE PLEASE HELP!

(you may ask why I'm making such a big fuss, well... I'm just like that - deal with it please :D )

~~imacG5guy~~

Unfortunately, that's a problem between you and the seller. If he is selling you the computer, including the Adobe CS3 software, then there is one of two situations that needs to take place to make the transaction legal:

Either you:
a) contact the seller and inquire as to how to get him to send you the original install CDs and serial numbers, or...
b) remove the CS3 software from your machine.

Only one person is allowed to have that specific copy of CS3 installed on their computer -- it's either yours, in which case the seller needs to give you the software install CDs and original serial numbers for the CS3 suite, or you need to remove the CS3 software from your computer and the seller would keep the CDs and serial numbers and retain ownership of the license for the software.

No, you can't recover the original serial number used to install the software from the already-installed programs. Your only (legal) options are to contact the seller, or get rid of the software.

OK Gordon Brown, anyone got any advice that doesn't sound like it has come out of the house of commons?

I think EDCC said it plain and simple. You need to get the software from the seller if he meant to include them. It's possible that he just sold it without wiping it out, which means his intention was NOT to include all of that software along with the sale of the Mac. Without the media that was used to install those discs, you're basically running them illegally as you well know by now so you have the option to confront the seller about obtaining the software (if he meant to include it), purchase the software yourself (if he DIDN'T mean to include it), or delete the software from your Mac.

You could decide to just keep running it, but then considering the board rules about running unlicensed software I doubt that you will receive any help on that front. Board rules are board rules according to the mods here, and frankly you're going to have to deal with that.

Bottom line, if he meant to include the applications, then he needs to provide you with the installation discs. Had you asked him if there would be software included with the Mac upon purchase?

well it was actually my Dad that bought the Mac for me, I KEPT TELLING HIM TO MAKE SURE IT COMES WITH THE INSTALL DISC - SO WHAT DOES HE DO - DOESN'T TELL THE DUDE!!!! 0.0

he said there isn't any way I can get to the seller guy... anyways, i'll keep on running it, i still got photoshop ect :)

Back