Blinking Screen

blackoutspy

Registered
Recently, for what seems like no particular reason, the screen on my 14" G4 Laptop running 10.4.4 started blinking. Blinking being, going completely black, then back to the way it was in under .25 seconds. Now, my first thought was a hardware problem. After investigating, i found the rate at which it blinks, is directly related to how bright i have the screen set to. With any more than 5 bars of the brightness scale, the monitor blinks uncontrolable. Whats going on here? Is there some piece of my hardware thats in trouble? I plan on taking it into a Apple Store next time I'm near one but for now i'd like to know if this is happening, or has happend to anyone else.

Try zapping the P-Ram. (hold down Apple+Opt+P+R after startup chime and hold until it chimes again) That'll reset your display (among other things) back to factory settings. If it doesn't help, your logic board is most likely going out, sadly.

My laptop is a power book, i got it around june of last year. I'm not really positive on the time, but its for sure not a year old. Also, i'll try resetting the P-Ram once i get home and back up, then i'll let you guys know how it turns out.

Back