burning audio & data to same cd

I am pretty sure it's not possible. Even if you won't close the CD and burn some additional tracks it shouldn't work. Tried to get data on a VCD and used the idea to not close it.. but it didn't work. I wouldn't be even sure if toast could handle this.

oh its possible, I could do it easily on my old pc. I dont know the mechanics of vcd well enough to explain why it didnt work out, but audio its no problem

can itunes or the finder even be made to leave a burning session open? if so how

I am pretty sure it's not possible with the finder or itunes and almost sure toast can't do it. I was burning such multisession CDs on pc as well. There are some CD related things that are just possible on pc and not on mac. And I guess this is one of such. Another one is using the CD-RW or DVD-RW as a regular disc and not burning and erasing it all the time.
If you find a way, post it ;)

From Toast 6's Help:

What Is a Mixed Mode CD?

A Mixed Mode CD contains one data track and one or more audio tracks, and is recorded in one session. You can play the audio or view the data on a computer.

•
Caution:
It is not recommended to play the audio portion of a Mixed Mode CD in a regular CD player.

•
Note:
Some older CD-ROM drives cannot recognize more than one session on a disc. A Mixed Mode CD may play on these types of drives while an Enhanced Audio CD may not.

---------

In Toast you can choose the Audio tab and the Mixed Mode option. I'm trying it now, but can't seem to see how to add data file info. Prolly user error.

Back