Burning issue

Paul C

Registered
Hi guys,

I'm having a problem when trying to burn DVD's, I have get the error 'failed to calibrate the laser power level for this media', I get this error with the internal super drive and also the external Pioneer DVR-116D, I have tried 2 different brand of discs but still the same results.

I had a look around and a lot of people said about cleaning the drive worked but obviously this is happening to two drives and two brands of media, both discs are +R DL discs.

Please help.

Thanks

Paul

Sounds like the drive's going bad.

Does this error appear in various burning programs (Toast, Disk Utility, etc.), or just one, specific burning program?

Does the drive burn CDs ok?

Both the superdrive and the external Pioneer drive error in Toast and Disk Utility, I've tried with two different brands too, seems weird that it's happening with both drives as the Pioneer drive is virtually new (only used about 5 times).

I haven't tried any CD's as I don't actually own any (I use my iPhone on my Alpine headunit)

I had exactly the same issue in 10.5.8 on my internal drive using my SuperDrive. I also couldn't burn using my external burner. Booted on an external and I could burn fine. Try an archive and reinstall, or a fresh install. Maybe test on an external drive first. I rebuilt to 10.6 and it fixed my issue. My SuperDrive is a MATSHITA UJ-857E and my external a Pioneer.

Did an archive and install, tested this morning and it burn an iso from disk utility on 2.4x and I'll test it tonight on a 4x, wonder what was causing it, hmmm.

Thanks for all the help as always :)

Paul

Back