Calling all PowerBook 12" 867MHz users! - RAM Question

cockneygeezer

Registered
Dear all PowerBook 12" 867MHz users,

I have a friend that uses a PB 12" 867MHz model and he needs to upgrade the RAM to use VirtualPC.

At the moment, it's at 640MB, but we want to know, can this model of PowerBook use the 1GB SODIMM?

I am looking for users that have actually upgraded and using a 1GB dimm. I have read around the Internet and Apple website, but there are conflicting statements, hence why I am posting this thread.

Again, I am looking for users that have upgraded (Or not) their RAM with the 1GB PC2100 DDR module.

Thanks for your time

You could always try getting the RAM from Crucial and then trying it out. AFAIK, you can return the RAM if it doesn't work to them. You'll have to pay for postage though.

Thanks for the responses guys, but I am looking for users that have upgraded, so it's a confirmation that the 12" 867MHz can indeed take the 1GB SODIMM.

I have rang Apple themselves, and they tell me that the machine is capable of taking the 1GB SODIMM, but if you do so, then there is no techincal support if the machine is fault, in regards to the RAM component.

Again, looking for users that have this model of PowerBook that have upgraded using the 1GB SODIMM.

Thanks

Back