Campus-Wide WiFi

Dusky

Registered
I am one of two techies at the elementary school where I work. I would like to deploy WiFi internet throughout the school. I intend to use WPA2 and MAC filtering. All routers will be configured to have the same SSID and (if in close proximity) different channels (3 or 4 digits apart). I would like to be able to control all MAC entries from one interface, instead of having to go to each router to add a new laptop. Please give me your product suggestions. More than anything, I'd like to know if I can use a whole bunch of consumer-level "routers," and if so, can I control all of them from one web interface? Thanks.

I am one of two techies at the elementary school where I work. I would like to deploy WiFi internet throughout the school. I intend to use WPA2 and MAC filtering. All routers will be configured to have the same SSID and (if in close proximity) different channels (3 or 4 digits apart). I would like to be able to control all MAC entries from one interface, instead of having to go to each router to add a new laptop. Please give me your product suggestions. More than anything, I'd like to know if I can use a whole bunch of consumer-level "routers," and if so, can I control all of them from one web interface? Thanks.

Sometimes you can setup a router as ACCESS POINT, which will make it easier to have it campus-wide.

Another solultion i know of is e.g. WireLess Range Expander from LINKSYS, which EXPANDS the range of the ROUTER without adding any configuration issues (you only need a power utlet). Other brands might have something like that.

Good luck, Kees

Back