Can I erase these files without causing major damage?

Izzy

luv my lil' malteaser
I was fooling around with TinkerTool2 and decided to turn on the option that allows you to view invisible files...well lo and behold when I looked in my HD I saw some pretty big files that were invisible. The Norton FS volume files are 32 megs each and I was wondering if I could erase them...I installed the Norton Utilities beta, but after reading some things about it causing problems I uninstalled it. Are these Norton FS files from that beta installation or are they system files that I shouldn't mess with? Can I erase them without causing problems to my system or should I leave them alone?

Here is a screenshot of what I'm talking about. The four Norton FS files take up about 70 megs of disk space total...

Attachments

• files.jpg
    files.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 32
Oh! Have you played with TinkerTool again?:p
The only thing I would delete is .DStore. But in your home directory it's pretty unnesecary to delete it, because everytime you open your home folder it will be rebuild. And does it cause any harm to you???;)

You should be able to trash the Norton files. Just make sure that the creation date of the files coincides with the time you used Norton, then trash them, reboot and make sure everything works, then empty the trash.

I know that Tecth Tool Pro is always leaving big invisible files on my HD, so Norton is probably doing the same thing.

Cool...thanks guys...I'll try movin em to the trash and see if anything goes haywire. The creation dates do coincide with my installation of the Norton beta so everything should be OK when I trash em...at least I hope :rolleyes:

Back