Cannot Get Epson CX5400 Printer to work on 10.3.8

MBHockey

Registered
I did a clean system install recently, and since then i can not get my printer to work. By that i mean, when i go to add printer, and choose Epson USB as the interface for the printer, nothing shows up in the box (it had worked with this interface prior to the system reinstall). If i set the interface to simply USB, it says Driver Not Installed next to the CX5400, as the only choice in the list.

I've installed the drivers for 10.3 (first one you can download) located here: http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/...kie=yes&infoType=Downloads&platform=Macintosh

I've also tried shutting both my powerbook down, and my printer. Reset both ends of the USB cable, turned on the printer, then turned on the powerbook. Repaired permissions, and reinstalled the drivers two more times, but nothing. It just isn't being recognized.

Does anyone have any other suggestions?

If all you have is the Twain driver and Epson Scan Utility (the first one in the list for downloads at the Epson page with the link you posted) Then you should re-visit that page and download an actual printer driver (#8 on the list I think) and install that, then it should work. Most of the driver updates on that page are for updating the scanner software for this AllInOne, but have little effect on the printing function.

Ah, i just assumed the Twain driver was the printer driver. All is working now. What the heck is the Twain driver for?

I have a similar problem with OS 10.3.9 and an Epson 7500 printer. when i go to add printer, and choose Epson USB as the interface for the printer, nothing shows up in the box. If i set the interface to simply USB, it says Driver Not Installed next to the Epson 7500, as the only choice in the list. The same thing happeded with the Epson 900. we have recently upgraded this dual mac G4 from OS 9.

The 7500 was printing for a while with OS X, but at the moment it is down. Epson tech help was able to get me running once, but not again. This is awful, I have work to print!

Back